16• After the unbelievable

In a distant quarter in town, on the pond of a small lake, sat Jeremy his feet in the cold water and his eyes staring at the the sky.

Even without a calendar, he knew exactly what day it was.

It was the day of Mike and Scarlett's most viral and awaited wedding and exactly an hour ago, at 1 PM, Scarlett haf become Mrs. Saco, the wife of Saco Mike.

Jeremy picked a stone and threw it in the water undulating it's peace nature.

Jeremy's heart was filled with indignation as a silent and last tear rolled down his cheek at the realization that he had forever lost the only woman he had truly loved.

For a second Jeremy thought he was going to fall sick as his head began to thumped.

Suddenly noises like car tires squealing were loudly heard behind him and when he turned around, he saw Scarlett dressed in her sublime gown and caught out of breath as she ran towards him. When she was close enough, she stopped running and placed her hands on her legs trying to catch her breath. Jeremy's eyes were wide out of surprised before it finally narrowed.

"Nice seeing you again, Mrs. Saco," he said the word with venom and she was sure that if he was a snake, the poison emitting from it would have ruined her.

"Jeremy-" she said gasping, fanning herself with her hand.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on your way to your wedding night ceremony followed by your honeymoon?" he asked with disgust. Just the mere thought of her in bed and naked next to her newly wedded husband was enough to make him vomit. Scarlett had always been his and imagining her now with someone other than him was so painful and disgusting.

She was his everything and he had lost her.

Scarlett approached Jeremy and looked at him straight in the eyes. "There won't be any night ceremony nor honeymoon."

Jeremy removed his feet from the cold water and stood up. "And why?"

"Because there was no marriage," Scarlett admitted and Jeremy was left speechless.

"What?"

"You heard me. I didn't get married to Mike."

"You didn't, Scarlett?" Jeremy was surprised. "You didn't go to church?"

"I did."

"You left him standing at the alter?"

"Well, I... I... He is the one who brought me her."

"Mike brought you here? Why?"

"Because," Scarlett came closer to him wiping the tears on his cheek. "Because he realized that I am still totally, inexplicably and utterly in love with you."

What followed after Scarlett's declaration was silence. Jeremy wasn't expecting it. No, he wasn't even expecting her to come here. She was supposed to be at the church saying yes, I do to Mike because he was good for her, he was right. She wasn't supposed to tell Jeremy that she loved him after all what was said and done. And Mike brought her here? She claimed that he loved her and from what Jeremy has heard he indeed loved her so why on Earth did he bring her here to him? And how did he know that he was here in the first place?

"Say something," Scarlett said with hopeful eyes and Jeremy opened his mouth, but was out of words.

Should he do it? Should he actually pull her back in that spiral of all and of nothing? Yes, he has changed for her, but if he entered back into her life he would ruined her again. They weren't compatible. Mike was and she needed to go back to him and conclude the marriage as they had planned to. She was supposed to go back to the world of bling bling which he could offer her. She needed to go back to the world of safety.