13• After tears

This was definitely the worst night ever. Was what Scarlett thought as she walked towards her family's house barefoot with her heels in one hand and dry marks of tears on her cheeks.

Removing the elastic that held her hair, she let it fall down on her shoulders and hit onto her face. She then pressed the bell and waited.

This was how it has always been and how it would always be. When things became tough, when the light at the end of tunnel seemed off, when hatred burned and when love destroyed, she would always find herself coming back to her roots. Back to his origin and back to her family where trust and love was genuine and real.

"Scarlett? What are you doing here?"

Anna was standing by the door and to her sister's surprise, her hair was back to his usual black color and was plaited in long braids that reached her back. She was still beautiful though and was dressed in a high top white skirt and and white top.

"You look nice?" Scarlett's words came as a question instead as a statement, but Anna still smiled.

"I guess I'm back to my good damn senses," she laughed to herself touching her hair. "I broke up with Crescent."

Scarlett was surprised. "I... I am really sorry, Anna."

Anna smiled and shook her head. "It's okay. Crescent is a good person, but he isn't my match. He found someone else someone great and I'm sure I will find someone better too. But whatever," she dismissed and left the door for her to move in. "Get in."

"Why are you opening the door? Where is Sarah?" Scarlett asked as she got in the house.

"She took her day off. She went on a road trip with her boyfriend," Anna explained.

"Really? Sarah has a boyfriend? That is great."

"Yeah," Anna said in fake enthusiasm. "What are you doing here by the way?"

"Where is mum?" Scarlett finally said reminding herself of the reason why she came. She needed to speak to her mother. She needed to ask her what to do, where to go and what to say. Scarlett was lost lately and she needed some guidance; she needed someone to hold her hand and tell her what to do.

She has been through hell and back this past years and here she was again ready to run back to her mother the way she did when she was younger. Scarlett didn't know, no she never had a clue on what she wanted for her life. On one side there was Mike. Saco Mike the man who could give her the world, the man who had left his wife for her out of love, the man who could leave everything for her.

And, on the other side, the side which brought her so much pain and joy there was this light skin man with a deep voice and dark eyes with not too good a line white teeth who was her first love and greatest joy who had returned into her life inexplicably. But this was the truth slapping on Scarlett's face. There are so many mistakes that a man could do to a woman and Jeremy had made most of them if not to say everyone of them. She had loved him and cherished him more than her life, but he had left her broken and confused about what she was and who she was.

"Why are you always... why are you crying?"

Crying? Am I crying? She doubted but when she felt the salt dripping on her lips she knew she definitely was.

"Why are you crying? Is it Nathanael ? Mike? Oh, Lydia don't tell me it's Jeremy again," Anna sighed.

"Where is mum?"

"Upstairs," she pointed. "I would prepare you something. I would give it to you upstairs." Anna said and it was the first time Scarlett saw her sister really concerned for her well-being.