8·After the promise

Scarlett woke up in the morning and felt someone's arm round her waist. Turning her head slightly, she stared at her fiancé Mike who was sleeping peacefully and snoring a little. His long hair were spread on the pillow making him to look like a complete angel.

Her angel.

Scarlett smiled and tried to remove his arms without waking him up, but failed miserably as Mike lids suddenly lifted and his green eyes met hers.

"Good morning," he greeted with a smile as he let go off her.

"Good morning," she greeted him back unable to tear her eyes away from his.

It might sound amusing, but it was the first time that she really noticed how beautiful Mike's eyes happened to be. Mike was as Cameroonian like to call a metisse. His mother was a Cameroonian and his father was French which explained his tanned skin instead of dark chocolate and mesmerising brown green eyes instead of the usual black ones. Mike was so handsome, so sweet, so good to her. So right.

"Scarlett? Are you okay?" Mike asked reaching for her hand.

"Yeah," she said shaking her head before looking back at him with a smile. "When did you come home?"

Scarlett was now living with Mike for the past week after Jeremy's visit. Jeremy knew where her mother's house was, but he never knew that of Mike and that was safer. She didn't want to run into him again. She didn't know what she would do if they collided once more.

"Around ten in the evening I guess. I had much work at the studio trying to make some new songs."

"Oh. I hope I will hear one soon."

"Of course plus it reflects our story," he smiled. "Heart warming, amazing, life changing." He said kissing the tip of her nose.

Scarlett blushed at his words.
"What did I do to merit you?"

Mike placed his fingers under his chin pretending to be thinking before he said, "Nothing, baby. And maybe that is why I fell for you. People are just making too much around me, but you have always been yourself." He said then kissed her forehead.

Heaven knew how much Mike was honest about his love for this girl. He loved her to the moon and back. He loved her for infinity.

"Promise me you would always be there," Scarlett said looking at him so vulnerable, the same way she had looked at him some four years ago. "Promise me you would never leave."

"I would never. As long as you would want me to, I would remain by your side," he assured her pulling her into the comfort of his arms where she belonged.

After what felt like an infinity, Scarlett gazed up at the clock to check on the time. She immediately pulled away.

"Gosh," she exclaimed getting out of bed to wear her night gown. "I will go and make breakfast for you. You will soon go for work."

Mike looked up at the clock and nodded. He then left the bed and walked towards her. He kissed her and wrapped his arms round her waist. "I can't wait to have you as my wife, Scarlett."

Scarlett smiled. "I can't wait either."

• • •

After Mike had left to his studio, Scarlett did some laundry then went to take a shower. When she was done, she went in front of her drawer to decide on what she needed to wear to when her phone got off and on.

"Morning, Morris," she gritted her manager after picking the call.

"Hi, S!" a female voice gritted from the other end instead of Morris usual husky one.