2

Ayath was bored sitting on a bed like a traditional bride. Her grandmother repeated again and again that it was her husband who is supposed to lift her veil.

These useless traditions and since when I am so obedient to follow them.

She was about to remove the long veil when she heard the door open. No matter how bold Ayath was at this moment she felt scared. Her heart was beating fast.

Arsalaan walked towards the bed and sat on the corner of the bed. He did not know where should he start.

" Ayath, " he tried to gain her attention. Ayath was nervous and kept quiet. Arsalan took her hand in his and he felt her hand shaking. He thought Ayat is just like Seher a scared lamb.

"Relax, I won't do anything. ". These emotions were new to Ayath. Her confidence was gone, she calmed herself.

"I know you are a princess and not used to these surroundings but I promise I will treat you like a queen "

"I was a princess before but now I am a tribal leader's wife. " Ayath spoke slowly. Arsalan was very happy listening to this. 

"I want us to be friends before anything and I do not want any secrets between us"

"I appreciate your thoughts " Ayath smiled to herself. Arsalaan was indeed like her father maybe we can be like mother and father Ayath thought.

"Ayath I want to tell you something" he was a bit hesitant. 

"I am all ears" She encouraged him.

"Ayath I want to start our journey with honesty. I was in love with someone, It was unrequited but trust me I have moved on and I will give my hundred per cent to this relationship" Before he could continue

Ayath removed her veil and stared at him with anger. Arsalaan was completely taken by the blue-eyed beauty in front of him. She was so enchanting, like an angel from his childhood stories. She had striking blue eyes like her father. He just stared at her.

"Why did you agree to this marriage?" Ayath asked.

"My mother loved you and I was unable to say no to your father" He was still lost in her beauty and was not aware of what he speaking. He did not even notice changing expressions of Ayath.

"Was my brother Shuja aware of this?"

"Why?" 

I will kill him with my own hands. She couldn't speak because of anger.

She wanted to scream at him but did not say a word. Instead, she threw a pillow and blanket down.

"Only Abasi knew of this" Arasalan's honesty was going to cost him soon.

"I  hate  men who are cowards, Did my father force you in any way?"

He shook his head in a no.

"Exactly you coward, you should have informed my father and should have fought for your love. Your poor lover,  I feel pity for her" Arsalaan was shocked by his chore.

"I told you I.." He wanted to tell her that he did not even know who the girl was. Ayath did not give him a chance.

"Stop it, You thought it is easy to marry Fakhruddin's daughter to elevate your status " 

Arsalaan was now angry " I respect your father and I would never use your father's name or money" .

"Look lover boy, I will never be anyone's Second choice. Just stay away from me. I will speak to my father to dissolve this marriage soon."

" Calm down spoiled princess. I will never give up on this marriage. I promised that I would forget that girl"

"Hello! I will not be your rebound. If I had to marry a second-hand piece then Murad would have been my first choice"

That words made Arsalaan very angry. He knew from Shuja that Fakhr wanted Ayath and Murad but both of them refused. He couldn't imagine his wife with someone else.

"I was right about you, you are a spoiled princess. You should have appreciated my honesty"

"Look, I am tired and in no mood to argue. I can't even throw you out because of aunty. "

She walked towards the Dressing room and picked out a dress.  Arsalaan's house was not big just 3 bedroom cottage. Imaan knew Aayath needed privacy for changing so ordered for two rooms to be joined into a big one and a small space for a dressing room was created.

Arsalaan never in his wild dreams imagine that Ayath would react in this way. He had no enmity towards Murad but now he hated that name.  Ayath was more beautiful than he imagined. He was cursing Abasi's idea of being honest. His trail of thoughts was broken when he saw Ayath dressed in a sky blue loose-fitted nightgown. Her hair which was hidden behind her headdress was visible. She had long midnight black hairs which were floating like waves on her back. He was so lost drinking her beauty that he did not realize it when Ayath came near him.  She was dangerously getting close to him. He thought she came to apologize to him. 

"I forgave you"  He closed his eyes and pouted his lips to give her a kiss and to his horror, Ayath pushed him down the bed.

"I will not forgive you. Now sleep else were" She laid on the bed and closed her eyes.

"Where am I supposed to sleep. " Arsalaan was angry now.

Ayath pointed towards the pillow and sheet lying on the floor.

"I am your husband, and is this how your parents taught you to behave with me?"

"Your mother is a sweet and kind lady and I am sure she is not responsible for your lousy attitude"

Arsalan placed the pillow on the floor and slept quietly. Ayath blew off the lamp and was on the bed. This was not how she expected her married life to start. She accidentally saw Shazain and Seher getting cosy. She recalled Seher's face after her wedding night.  Her neck was bruised but later Seher told her that was a love bite. She was strong but today tears pooled in her eyes thinking she will never have a loving relationship like her parents. She can never be with a man whose heart belongs to someone else.

You were the wrong baba, this jerk is nothing like you. He is nothing but a bloody coward. Ayath you should not give this worthless man satisfaction that his betrayal affected you. He is not worth your thoughts. Just talk to your father soon and dissolve this marriage. She prepped herself and closed her eyes.

Arsalan was turning and twisting on the floor, He was tired too and all he wanted was a good night's sleep. He stood up frustrated and looked towards the bed where his bride was sleeping, he thought she would appreciate his honesty. 

I should be dominating like Shahzain and command my wife. I am being too polite he thought.

He went towards the bed and moved Ayath and slept beside her. Ayath woke up.

"What are you doing?"

"Can't you see sleeping and if you have a problem you can leave".

Ayath was not someone who would give up easily. She wanted to argue and push him down but heard a noise outside and did not want to disturb her sweet mother in law.

She pulled the duvet and covered herself. Arsalan never acted childishly but was enjoying this fight with his wife. He pulled the duvets towards him. In the process, he pulled her towards him. Ayath notice their position and quietly moved to the edge and closed her eyes.