11

Fakhruddin and his family all arrived at Shahzain's Palace. Nur Jahan never had any good memories of this place when she was young and now things are completely different. They were all sitting down together for lunch. Her grandchildren, daughter's, and son-in-laws, even though Shams and Salah were missing, Nur still felt at peace. Seema was also present along with Amira.

Seema looked at everyone smiling and recalled Shahzeb. How much he wanted a family with Nur, but situations were so different now. She had tears in her eyes and tried to hide them.

Abasi and Shuja were at the end of the table and Shija was briefing him about Arsalan's situation. They were both giggling and a stern look from Nur Shuja kept quiet.

On the other hand, Arsalan was sitting with Shahzain, who was personally serving him."Arsalan, these are water chestnuts I ordered specially for you. Aunty Rabia said it would help you"

"Help with what?" Arsalan asked, all surprised.

"Arsalan, do not worry, your secret is safe with me. Not even our inlaws will know?" Arsalan was all confused.

"I will talk to you in the evening" Shahzain replied.

Fakhruddin asked for their attention.

"It is good that all of you are around. I want to discuss something with you all. Arsalan, especially you. I need your input"

Everyone was attentive."King Altamash' has been contacting me and initially offered his daughter's hand to Salahuddin."

"But, Baba, what about Fang Hua?" Seher replied.

"Miss Fang is a guest Seher. The thing is, Salahuddin has declined this proposal and I respect his wishes." He then turned to Arsalan, "you are our family and we will never join hands with people you do not like."

Arsalan was quiet like always. He was a man of limited words but not in front of Ayath.

" As you wish. I would never stop you if you accepted the alliance "

"I know Arsalan, but your opinion does matter to all of us. You are not only my son-in-law, but also my nephew. Sister Imaan is my sister, just like Shireen"

"I think King Altamash has ulterior motives. First, he asked for Ayath and now wants Salahuddin", Shahzain replied.

"I think his popularity is dwindling and he wants to form an alliance with us", Shuja replied.

"After what Ayath did, I thought he would seek revenge for his son, but he acted completely the opposite. That man is more cunning than the late king Tariq. We had better be careful". Shahzain gave his honest opinion.

"What did Ayath do to offend him?" Arsalan asked.

"It's a thing of the past and we have gathered after a long time. Let us enjoy the food. We can discuss politics in the evening", Abasi replied, looking at Seema. He noticed her sad face.

After lunch, everyone went to rest. Ayath wanted to go with her nephews but Arsalan held her hand and she followed him.

"Ayath, you said you wanted to ride horses. Abasi informed me that there is a big racing ground here. Do you want to come with me?"

"Now?"

"Remember you said you wanted to ride a horse. I can teach you now."

"Who told you that I cannot do horse riding?"

"Abasi and your brother Shuja told me"

"Do not believe them, I can ride better than them."

"Ayath, it won't hurt your ego to admit that you are not competent. Arsalan is your husband. He should know all your flaws."