10

Prince Qasim hadn't had a peaceful moment since the day that girl trashed him publically. He vented his anger at the courtesans and slaves, but that did not cool down his anger. The owner of the Inn vanished overnight and he had no clue about the identity of that girl. He was sure that his parents knew something and were hiding things from him.

How can anyone not know about a girl? He was drunk at that time but the girl's face was engraved in his mind. She was a real beauty, especially with her ocean-blue eyes. Anyone could drown in them without being drunk.

Qasim was his mother's pet. He got all the negative qualities from both his parents that turned him into a spoiled man and the biggest womanizer. He knew he would only be at peace once he humiliated and bedded that girl. He was determined not to show any mercy to her. He stopped going to markets. He felt as if people were laughing at him. Everyone used to lower their eyes as soon as they saw him, but he felt as if their lips had a subtle smile mocking him. He heard that a few nomads who did puppet shows designed a story where a woman trashed a prince. They were singing songs about a brave girl who punished a cruel prince

On the other hand, King Atlamah Ayadi's popularity was dwindling. He knew that the house of Ayadi was not happy with Qasim becoming their successor. There were times people demanded to denounce his crown prince status. He was called for a meeting with clan elders. There was a heated argument going on.

"Altamash, we know you love Qasim a lot, but we all jointly think he is not fit to be the crown prince"

"Qasim is young and not mature enough, please give him some time to grow up. He has a lot of potential."

"Qasim has potential. You must be kidding, Altamash. That boy is hopeless. Altamash, I think we can choose someone else from the family. Since you are the current king, we will give you the right to choose", his eldest uncle replied.

Altamash was very angry. He became king after a lot of sacrifices and planning and passing the throne to someone else other than his flesh and blood was impossible.

" My other son can take his place" he replied.

"ALTAMSH, your other children are all under 5. Qasim is 21 and is immature. We can't assume the other children will be sensible when they grow up", his cousin added this time.

Alamash clenched his fist in anger.

"Last time you mentioned that Qasim was going to marry Salahuddin's sister. I heard he was rejected? " one of the elders asked him.

"I was late to approach King Fakhruddin. His daughter had already promised his student "

" Alamash, Fakhruddin, a non-Arab king, rejected Qasim. He should have felt grateful that this house of Ayadi asked for his daughter's hand as our crown princess", Altamash's father Ayaan roared in anger.

"Uncle, Fakruddin is a wise man. He knew that your beloved grandson was worthless, that's why he chose a small tribal leader over Qasim". His nephew made fun of him.

"Stop making assumptions Omari, Fakhruddin was very sorry to decline. Qasim's proposal. He said that he had already given word to marry his daughter to Arsalan. Otherwise, he would have accepted Qasim in the blink of an eye as his son-in-law. So he offered to accept my daughter Farah as his daughter-in-law instead."

He announced proudly. Everyone was surprised. Alliance with the Fakhruddin family was like finding a large treasure. If princess Farah marries Salahuddin, then there was no doubt Qasimm would have his backing. Altamash's uncles were fuming.

" I think we will wait till the dua (engagement ceremony) and then make a decision about choosing a crown prince" one of the elders replied, dismissing the gathering.