5

what is wrong with that?" Shuja, who came along with Arsalan, asked Ayath.

" You and your friends are the same big loafers" Ayath replied in anger.

"Ayath, this is not the way you speak to your elders" Fakhr patted her head.

"Ayath, you have to understand Dilara is his foster sister and their bond is very strong, just like mother and uncle Hafiz." Salahuddin calmly explained to his sister.

"Foster sister?" Ayath was all surprised.

" You are just like your father coming to a conclusion very quickly. Years back he misunderstood Hafiz as my husband". Nut Jahan laughed.

"Ummi, if not Dilara, then there is someone else" before Ayatg could proceed, Arsalaan interrupted.

"Ayath, why do you misunderstand me? You don't even give me a chance to explain and come to these silly conclusions."

Ayat just stared at her husband. His name meant lion, but he was a clever fox... no hyena. She mumbled.

"you yourself informed me about your lover".

" It is all a misunderstanding. Dilara is just like my sister and do you realize how rude you were to her? "

Everyone looked at Ayath.

"Ayath," Fakhruddin embraced his daughter.

"These little misunderstandings create rifts in relationships"

Imaan, who entered the room, heard everyone reprimanding Ayath. She also saw Arsalan smirk and knew he was doing something. She did not like the glitz in his eyes.

"Ayath is a very sensitive girl and knows how to value relationships". Imaan sided with her daughter-in-law.

Ayath was speechless because she knew her husband of hers was a sly fox and played well and she could never explain the real thing to her parents.

If he has my family's support, then his mother is mine. She was clever enough and could handle this. She acted very hastily. She assured herself that now she would be more vigilant and analyze things.

Ayath was a straightforward girl and would never hesitate to apologize if she was wrong. She walked to Dil and apologized to her.

"I am really sorry Sister, I misbehaved with you. I am very ashamed of my actions. Hope you have the heart to forgive me"

"Ayath, I have known Arasalan since we were in diapers. I know that he created doubt in your mind. Trust me, he just wanted to see if you cared about him or not."

"I don't care about him."

"Really! Your jealousy proved everything."

"I was not jealous, just angry. If you know him this well, then you must know about his lover as well."

"Ayath! it was just an infatuation, he fell for an unknown girl who was a warrior like your mother. That fool did not even see her."

Nur Jahan wanted to have a word with Ayath in private.

"Ayath, you know I see myself in you. Your father and I protected Seher, but that does not mean that we don't love or care about you less. If Seher is one eye, then you are the other."

"I know Ummi. Did I ever complain?"

"You know I was not very happy about you marrying Arsalan, but when I met him I saw a spark in him to do something great. I know now he might not have enough money for now, but I am sure he will change things in the future. "

"Mother, you taught us well and I will not let you down."

"Ayath, don't come to conclusions easily. First, see and analyze everything and then make a judgment. You are born to be a ruler. Don't stop your practice.

It will take time for you to make an unbreakable bond with your husband, but I am sure you will pass all the hurdles together."

Ayat reassured her mother. She acted like an obedient wife in front of everyone. The reception went well. Fakhr wanted to take Ayath along with them for a few days, but Nur objected.

"Fakhr, Arasalan is going to battle soon. Let her be with him."

Arsalan, on the other hand, was happy, thinking Ayath had forgotten everything. She even let him sleep next to her without any objection for the past few days. He was hopeful that things would change, but the poor man did not know that all that was a facade in front of her family. The night Fakhr and his family were gone, he faced reality in his room.

He saw a mat and pillow on the floor.

"Ayah, my love, why are things on the floor?"

"For you to sleep, my lion. My parents are gone and this drama is finished."

Arsalan ignored that and jumped on the bed, taking Ayath in his arms.

"At least you acknowledge that I am yours." Ayath elbowed him.

"ouch.. I am trying my best to make this marriage work but I was right. You are nothing but a spoiled princess."

They both stood up. Imaan was alerted by Arsalan's loud voice.

"What are you, an opportunist?"

"Explain to me how? what benefit I will get."

"You married me just because I am King Fakhruddins daughter when you had someone else in your heart."

"Stop throwing tantrums, I am not the one who will be affected by your beauty. Yes, I have someone in my heart. What can you do about it?"

"I will leave you and marry someone who loves me"

Arsalan was mad with anger.

"Listen to me carefully, you are my wife. Do not provoke me. I am tolerating you because of the respect I have for your father"

"You want me to get the support of my brother's army?"

"What's wrong with that? "

"That means you will marry another to gain another favor?"

"Yes, if I have to, I will marry a few. Not every man is your father. I would not even have looked at you if not for your father. You are my first wife, accept that and enjoy the status."

Imaan, who heard everything, was in utter shock. Years back someone said the same thing to her.

Enjoy the status and luxuries. These words echoed in her ears.

The only difference was that she was a poor girl, not a king's daughter. She barged into Arsalan's room, forgetting her manners. A loud slap echoed in the room.

************************************************************************************************

I was very busy so couldn't update.  There will be regular updates from now on at least twice a week. Please let me know what you think of the story so far.