The Duo

Fun Fact: When I was writing this chapter I was watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force and so there's a few references sprinkled in XD
2/3 of the triple feature

"Were you not supposed to leave yesterday?", Mito's morning ruined the instant she saw her beloved brother sitting in the breakfast nook, infamously sipping a mug of steaming coffee. He told her the day of the address that he'd be gone the next day, which was yesterday, but for some reason, he was still here. "Is it something that you need?", she wanted to do whatever in her power to get him gone as soon as possible. Things had a habit of going to crap while he was around, and while most of the workers' loyalty sat with the first advisor, Ging still technically outranked her, therefore the logical choice would be to obey the former king.

"Plans were put on hold so I decided to hang around", he explained knowing that his younger sibling wasn't exactly happy to hear the news. "I won't be too much trouble", he smirked, practically seeing the heat rise to the ginger's face. Even after all these years teasing his sister was still his favorite pastime, he regretted being away so many years, the multitude of chances he missed to get her under her skin. Though it was probably a good thing because the beta had always been good at remaining composed while everything else was falling apart, the last thing he'd want is for her to become immune to his behavior.

"Define 'too much'", Mito obviously wasn't prepared to deal with him, his son, and his son in law.

"Well let's see", placing a hand on his chin as he pretended to think about exactly what he meant. "Morning", turning his attention to the zombified version of his seed, tirelessly stumbling into the cozy area. "That Zoldyck kid let you outta his sight already", which was unheard of for an omega to overcome separation anxiety in such a short period. But it made more sense when he was told that the younger teen was sleeping so Gon took the chance to sneak away.

"I can't even go to the bathroom", the baritone voice dragged as its possessor to a free chair at the table. Placing his forearms on wooden furniture, his head lay on them, physically unable to find the strength to keep his head up. "Anytime I rolled over, Ki whimpered until I had him in my arms again", to be fair Gon usually held the omega as they slept but he never had an issue before now, if he decided to roll over. "What am I supposed to do?", it was only day two and he was already overthinking this whole thing was cute. He was currently knocking on the door of irritation.

"Nothing really", his son was just going to have to stay by the porcelain queen's side until he longer felt as if he was going to be left.

This couldn't come at a worse time, he had promised Leorio that he'll bring the omega to be checked since he hasn't seen the physician since he had first arrived, but he was highly considering postponing the little visit. Killua wasn't exactly fond of the man and though Ki hadn't said anything he feared the younger teen may have overheard the council's comments the day before which would put his anxiety on edge. "God hates me", he muttered to himself, and like the awful person his father was, the older alpha agreed, Gon quickly lifted his head annoyed, "why are you still here?", a little bit of Ging goes a long way.

"Because I wanted to spend time with my loving son"

Both Mito and Gon narrowed their eyes, not fans of the answer or how sarcastic it was. "You're oozing bullshit", this certainly was not the time for his father's antics and he wanted to make sure it was known. Trying to start the day on a positive note, the king ended the exchange there, "Here's to a good day" he declared before chugging down a mug of the bitter black liquid his aunt had poured for him. "I should really go check on Ki", if the younger teen began feeling for him and he wasn't there then it would turn into waterworks.

"Lady Mito", a maid walked into the nook hurriedly, "oh, and your Majesty", she likely knew where the advisor was located but assumed the ruler to be still in bed. "We have guests", Gon and his aunt both exchanged a look, both thinking the other was expecting a visitor but neither of them had a clue anyone was coming, especially at this hour, it was still rather early. They waited patiently for the person to make themselves known and the sunkissed teen facepalmed after two alphas with silky black hair.