.8

•••

-"can we talk?" I ask will.
-"yeah, sure. What about?" He asked, shutting the door behind him.
he sat down next to me on the bed, noticing I was serious.
-"I'm sorry, for replacing you with El, treating you like you were nothing to me every time she's been around. I guess I was just blinded, I was trying to hide something from myself, and I guess I just was mad at you for it.. I'm sorry?"
-"wait, why would you be at mad at me for it?" He asked, I noticed he was getting confused.
-"I guess, I have a voice in the back of my head. Ive wanted something, for a long time. The little voice in my head tells me that I shouldn't want that, that it's wrong. And i guess it convinced me that it was wrong, and I kind of got mad at you because.. I want- uhm." I started tripping over my words.
He was looking at me, confused. I stopped talking, and kissed him. I could tell he didn't expect it, because at first he didn't kiss back. I pulled away, not knowing if he wanted it or not. I was about to apologize before he put his hands around my neck and kissed me again. it made my stomach feel like the butterflies in my stomach were exploding. I've never felt this way when kissing el, ever. The voice in my head was wrong. This felt like the right thing, and I didn't regret it. It continued for only a couple minutes, but went by so fast for us. He was the first one to pull away.
-"I've wanted to do that since Halloween night." I admitted, with my face turning completely red.
he chuckled at how nervous i looked.
-"what now?"  will asked.
-"I'm not sure, I'm not good at this." I joked, making him laugh again.
-"you don't have to sleep on the floor, tonight. i don't want you to be uncomfortable." He said, patting up next to him.

I grabbed my pillow and blanket and laid down behind him. I didn't know if I should've gotten closer to him, or just lay down with him. This was all so new to me. He turned the lamp off and turned his back to me.
-"good night, mike." he whispered.
-"good night, will." I whispered in his ear.

i noticed he fell asleep fast, he sounded so calm and quiet. i couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. How come i thought it was so wrong for me to do? It didn't feel wrong to me at all, I'm just nervous for what's next. are we going to start dating.. was it just a kiss? We've kissed before, so was it an ongoing thing? My thoughts kept me up later than usual. I just stared into wills back, thinking all night. Why can't i just stop obsessing over it?

•••

I woke up the next morning, Mike was still asleep right behind me. I checked my watch, it was almost 8. I got up and looked at mike before opening my door. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps.
I opened the door and shut it behind me, before walking up to the kitchen, where max and el were.
They were making toaster strudels while my mom was working on the phone.

-"you look happy." El perked.
-"why?" Max asked, yawning.
-"mike kissed me last night..." i mumbled loud enough for them to hear me.
They started squealing and jumping up and down really loudly, i shushed both of them since mom was still on the phone.
They started quietly squealing and giggling.
-"what happened??"
-"did he kiss you, or did you kiss him?"
-"is he a good kisser?"
-"max!"
-"what??"
-"okay, shut up! Both of you. When he wakes up, don't say anything and don't look at him funny. I don't know if he even wanted anyone else to know about it." I whispered.
-"we weren't, it's just exciting!" El said.
-"so what's going to happen next?" Max grinned.

that's when i started thinking.. what does happen next?
Are we going to start dating?
Is it just a fling type of thing?
would he ever see me as his boyfriend?
Does he really think of me the same way i think of him?
Did he enjoy the kiss?

-"what's going on?" Dustin asked coming downstairs from the bedroom with Lucas.
-"just some, morning discussions." Max said.
The two of them stole one of the toaster strudels from the girls plates and walked to the living room.
-"are they serious?" El commented.
-"men are such idiots, no offense will." max said.
-"none taken." I smiled, before grabbing the box and making myself and mike a toaster strudel for when he wakes up.

While i was waiting for it to toast, Mike came out of the room rubbing his eyes.
-"morning, sleepy head." Lucas mocked with a high pitch voice.
-"fuck you, Lucas." He chuckled, still tired.

He walked into the kitchen next to me.
-"tired?" I ask.
-"just a little." He yawned.

The strudels popped out of the toaster, i put both on individual plates and handed one to him. He thanked me and we both sat next to our friends in the living room to watch tv.

•••

we were all going on a bike ride, as it was going to be our last day together, since all of them had to go home in a few hours.
we all rode our bikes together downtown to the park, where all the blossom trees were. It looked so bright and pretty. We stopped our bikes to walk and talk to each other, Mike and I stood next to each other. Our arms were touching, just rubbing together as we walked. I wish he didn't have to leave, things were just getting good. As we were walking, max and el stopped me from walking as they went ahead of us.
-"talk to him! see what's next for you guys."
-"I don't know if I want to start something big while we're thousands of miles away." I sighed, before continuing to walk.
we walked around the park together, eventually everyone started getting quiet, not knowing what to say.
-"we're going to miss you guys in Hawkins, we've really needed you this past year." Dustin sighed.
-"totally, things are a mess back home." Max said.
-"this summer, we will come back to Hawkins to visit you guys sometime, right will?" El said.
-"yeah, of course." I nodded.

we all walked, in almost complete silence. It hasn't really hit anyone yet, so nobody was too sad.

•••

that evening, we were eating an early dinner before our friends left, hopper was there after his trip. Both of my mom and him kept on looking at each other and smiling and looking at us weird, i could tell el noticed too.
-"what's wrong with you guys?" She asks, eating her food.
-"well, since you asked, we have important news to share with all of you." Hopper said, looking at Joyce.
-"we're moving back to Hawkins, this June." She said, smiling.
-"WHAT??"

everyone was getting up, hugging each other, laughing, incredibly happy.
-"why?? I thought hops job was here." I said.
-"I would rather work in Hawkins then here, it's calmer and more quiet." He said.
we all smiled and squealed at the idea of our party finally coming back together again. We were beyond excited.

after we finished eating, hopper was taking our friends to the airport. But everyone was packing up last minute.
mike was in my room, grabbing small things he brought, before standing up and looking at me.
-"I wasn't going to say anything before, because I didn't know you were moving. But, now that you're coming back home, maybe we could.. uhm, maybe give us a try." He said, trying to find what to say.
-"sure, I'd like that." I smiled, calmly.
-"I'll see you in 3 months?" He said.
-"3 months." I sighed, nodding.

he put his hand on my shoulder, and kissed me once more, before we walked out to the rest of our friends outside waiting.
I gave the rest of my friends hugs, before they got into the back of hoppers van and drove away.
el and I watched their heads sticking out the window, waving. We laughed and waved back.
-"what took you and mike so long while he was packing?" El asked as we walked inside.
-"nothing, he was just saying goodbye?" I said.
-"oh, okay. So, have you figured out.. you know." She raised her eyebrows elbowing me.
-"shut up, you're worse then max. and yes, we might start dating when we move back to Hawkins. But don't say anything because it's not definite." I said.
-"fine.." she said, grinning.

and just like that, we have school tomorrow.