.10

Wednesday morning, el and I still haven't talked about Friday at school. Have they been back for a while? Has she been keeping it from me? why would she lie? Was she even lying? Why wouldn't she talk to me? Everytime I bring it up, she ignores me or tries to change the subject. Today, I'm making her tell me. I need to be able to tell the others with a good explanation.
as we were loading the last of our big furniture into the van, we went into a room alone together.
-"el? Can we talk?" I ask.
-"about?" She asked, wiping sweat off her forehead with her arm.
-"oh, I don't know. Maybe about how your powers are back? Are you kidding? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, but she gives me the cold shoulder.
-"c'mon, el."
-"because I didn't know!" She snapped.

-"I just wanted to hurt her, so I just imagined her falling and she did. I don't know what triggered them to come back, but they are. But please, don't tell anyone yet. Let me do it." She asked of me.
-"of course, you can tell them." I said.

she sighed, I patted her back and we both left the house, not turning back. She got into hoppers truck and I got into my moms with Jonathan. I could tell Jon was pretty upset having to leave his best friend, argyle. But he'll get over it. At least his girlfriend will be in the same town with him.
we waited, and waited the 30+ hours it took to drive to Hawkins. Jonathan and Joyce switched after every 5 hours. I felt bad for hopper since he had nobody to switch with, el hasn't even been able to take her drivers test yet.

•••

it was Thursday afternoon, the 30 hours were too long. but eventually we got there. The house was decently sized and a two story house. It was like a smaller version of the house back in California. It had a bright red door. It looked a lot nicer then the old house we had in Hawkins. But like our old house, it was surrounded by the woods. At least their were a few houses near us. El and I raced inside to pick a room, I ran as fast as I could upstairs and saw a room, the perfect size for me.
-"this one's mine!" I called, it had three windows where my bed was going to go, and one big window on the right side.
-"no fair! I wanted this one!" She complained, running back downstairs to find the other room she had to sleep in.
we both called our friends and told them the address of where our house was so they could help us unpack. They got there while we were unloading the big furniture. Mike helped me carry my bed upstairs into my room. It was difficult, walking up 15 steps, but we eventually got it.
He set it down where the three windows were, and patted my back before we walked back downstairs to get the rest of my stuff. Lucas was helping el and max get her stuff, while Dustin and mike were helping me get my stuff. All three of us carried loads of boxes, there were a ton. Mostly with clothes and old things I had that I couldn't bring myself to throw away.
once we got everything in my room, we helped hopper and my mom carrying the living room and kitchen furniture in the house. It was super heavy, we had to have everyone helping so nobody collapsed or broke something.

•••

After a few hours, every necessity was in the house. My friends were helping me set up and redecorate my room. Mike and Dustin helped me make my bed again, put paintings up, and hang up the most of my clothes in my closet. Once we were done, it was late at night, almost 11. We all sat down on my bed, I was exhausted from not getting much sleep in the car, and having to do a bunch of moving around just now.
-"you alright?" Dustin slapped my back.
-"yeah, I haven't slept in like a day." I said, yawning.
-"go to sleep then." Mike shrugged his shoulders.
As I was about to speak, el interrupted me by pushing my door open.
-"clocks ticking, I still need help with my things!!" She complained, we groaned and slowly stood up to walk downstairs to els room to help her organize and decorate her room.

after a few 45 minutes, we were all done. We laid on our backs on els floor, exhausted.
-"I'm so glad you guys are back home." Dustin said, looking up at the ceiling.
-"we're so glad to be back too, right Will? will??" She looked towards me.

my eyes were shut as I was falling asleep, el slaps my arm waking me up.
-"what?!" I yelled, frustrated and tired making them laugh.
-"what are you laughing at?" I groaned at Lucas.
-"I don't think I've ever seen you mad, it's funny." He laughed.
-"shut up, I'm tired!" I groaned.
-"why didn't you sleep the entire 30 hours in the car?" Mike asked.
-"the roads were too bumpy." I mumbled.
-"I slept fine." El bragged.
-"well good for you, Jane." I mocked her.

they all laid their, continuing to talk. But after it was starting to turn midnight everyone was getting tired.

-"I really should start heading home, my mom must want me back by now." Max said.

everyone stood up, everyone except for me, who was asleep again on the floor. Expect for real asleep.
they all laughed at me, trying to lightly kick me awake, but it didn't work.
-"I'll get him, you guys go. See you tomorrow." Mike offered.
they all left, including el, and mike picked my up and carried me to my bedroom, trying not to wake me. He laid me down on my bed, successfully. He covered me up with a blanket and rubbed the side of my face. He looked at me for a while, before turning out my lamp and shutting the loud, squeaky door behind him.
He walked outside with the rest of his friends, he picked up his bike and began to peddle with his friends.
-"Bye El!" They all yelled.

she waved as we all drove home one by one. First to leave was Dustin, then max, then Lucas and mike. Mike parked his bike outside his basement and walking through the back door. He smiled, feeling overwhelmingly happy. He didn't know why, but assumed it was because of the environment he was in. Will was back, the party will be coming together again just like it used to be.
He couldn't wait for the summer.