.15

I wake up with mike right next to me, I was on my back and his head was resting against my shoulder with his arm around my opposite shoulder. I try to get up to wake him assuming it's morning, but couldn't move. I started to panic, it was getting hard to breathe, I was stuck. I tried screaming for mike but nothing came out. The only thing that could move was my eyes. I scanned the room, screaming inside of my head. what is happening to me?
i saw something in the corner of the room, it was like a shadow.. a silhouette of a man.. a short man. It was just facing me. I was sure I was going to die. who is this? what does he want.
i panicked as he ran over to the side of the bed in a blink of an eye, hovering his head above me.

i gasped for air as I sat up suddenly, whimpering in fear. mike woke up next to me, not knowing what was wrong.
-"Will? Will what's wrong?" he asked, worried.
i looked at the wall next to me where he was standing, he was no longer there. Was it a nightmare? why would I dream about that? it seemed so real.
-"Will, what happened?" He asked, trying to take my attention away from the wall by pulling my chin towards him.
i just looked at him, I was in a cold sweat, he could see the fear in my eyes.
It was only 4 in the morning.
-"I'm sorry, it was just a dream." I say, calmly.
-"Will?"
I turned around to go back to sleep, I didn't want to face my back towards where he was, so I just stared at the wall hoping to fall back asleep.
I felt mikes arms wrapping around me, which made me feel better instantly. He always made me feel safe and calm.
I had a small smile on my face before falling back asleep, slowly.

•••

i was getting dressed for work, wearing my uniform polo, which was a light blue and black jeans. mike had made holly and i breakfast, which I found out when I walked downstairs. he smiled as I walked downstairs.
-"hey, good morning." He said.
-"hey." I replied softly.
i walked into the kitchen next to him to wash my hands, he pressed his hands on my waist to squeeze behind me to leave the kitchen, which made my face turn slightly red.
i ate the waffles next to holly, she seemed happy since this was her favorite breakfast; blueberry waffles with chocolate chips.
i had to hurry up and eat so I wasn't late for work, which my shift started at 9, it was 9:32.
i put my plate in the sink and walked upstairs where my wallet was.
I couldn't find Mike.. he wasn't in his room, or kitchen, or living room. Where the hell was he?
i rush downstairs, looking around.
-"mike? Mike!" I yell through-out the house.
-"what's wrong?" He asked, walking out of his parents bedroom with car keys.
-"you scared me, I couldn't find you." I sighed, still shook from the dream I had the earlier night.
-"sorry, I was just grabbing the keys. You ready to go?" He asked.
I nodded, before we both walked to the kitchen to holly.
-"I'll be back in 15 minutes, holly. Behave and don't answer the door." He said.
-"okay mr." She snarled.
he opened the door letting me outside first, we took mikes moms car. His parents must've taken the truck out of town when they left yesterday. i sat up front as he drove the car.
-"are you okay, you seem off?" he asked while driving in the empty road.
-"what do you mean?" I ask, looking at him.
-"it's just-you seem so jumpy lately, and scared." He said, looking my direction.
-"I'm fine, I just had a bad dream." I looked down to my lap.
-"will." He said, still looking at me.
i look up, he was swerving around the road and a semi was in front of us.
-"MIKE!!"
I pull the wheel from him and swerve to the other lane. both our hearts were jumping out of our chests, and not a good type of way.
-"please just pay attention to the road." I said softly, resting my head against my arm.
he sighs, but obeys my word and drives me down the road to the bowling alley.
he stopped behind the building where the back door was and unlocked the door.
-"1:30, right?" He asked.
-"yep, I'll wait outside for you then." I said, trying to get out.
-"hey, wait?" he touched the side of my arm.
he leaned in to give me a quick kiss, goodbye.
-"I'll see you later." He said.
-"see ya." I smiled faintly, still shook from the incident.
I got out and shut the door, he watched me walk inside. he sat and thought for a while before driving back home to holly.

•••

my shift was long, not many people were there until it turned 12, so I just sat there in the back waiting for someone to come get their shoes. My co-worker, Erica, had just arrived at 1, as I was cleaning shoes.
-"hey, when does your shift end?"
-"in 30." I said, as 4 people walked up to the counter. 2 of them I recognized too well.
Troy and James, with their trashy ass girlfriends wrapped in their arms.
my heart sunk when they came up to the counter, but a grin was on there's. As if they knew I'd be here.
-"two size elevens and sixes." Troy smiled, fakely.
I turned around, rolling my eyes and grabbing the shoes and giving it to them.
-"have a good time." I smiled, fakely.
once they turned around, my smile disappeared and i rolled my eyes again.
my other co-worker came up to the desk.
-"Will, can you cover the concession? I need to do something."
I checked the time.
-"I only have 25 minutes left of my shift." I said.
-"please?? It'll only take 10 minutes!" She begged.
i rolled my eyes, and groaned.
-"Erica, take the counter." I said.
i saw her roll her eyes as I walked out of the door and into the concession stand and took everyone's orders.
after it had been 10 minutes, she still wasn't there. I was about to get angry since I wanted to go home. But what made me even angrier was Troy walking up to the desk, smiling at me.
-"can I get 2 cokes?" he snarled.
-"is that all for you?" I asked, squinting my eyes.
-"yes sir." He said, acting like he didn't know me.
I pulled two cans of coke out of the fridge and set it on the counter in front of him, making a somewhat loud bang.
-"$4." I pressed my hands against the counter.
He pulled out a $5 bill, touching my hand as he gave it to me.
-"keep the change, Byers." He whispered, winking at me.
A disgusted look formed onto my face as I watched him walk away.
asshole.
after another 10 minutes, my coworker finally came back.
-"I'm sorry! I thought it would only be 10 minutes!"
-"I have to go home, you owe me." I said, leaving through the back.
i saw mikes car already there. I felt happy when I saw him, even after seeing Troy. I got into the car and shut the door behind me.
he kissed me on the cheek before giving me a cheesy smile.
-"hey, I know you're having a stressful day, so I got you something." He said, pulling out a bag of in-and-out.
-"thank god! I'm starving." I groan.
we both drove home, eating the burgers he ordered. I was feeling better then I did before, which seemed surprising. I always felt safe with mike, he always managed to make me feel better. Even the little things matter to me.

he stopped outside my house, unlocking the door.
-"thanks for today, I lov-"
I paused, realizing what I was just about to say. I try to recover quickly so he didn't suspect anything.
-"loved hanging out with you today!" I blurted out.
-"me too, I'll see you tomorrow at Lucas' right?" He kissed me before I got out of the car.
-"yep, bye!" I waved, shutting the door and walking on my sidewalk, feeling like a complete idiot.
i really almost told him that I love him. it's only been 2 months! That's way too soon, good thing he didn't notice.
but, what if that's true?

do I love him?