Ashura's Incarnation Arc - Chapter 10: Mercenary (1)

"...So in other words, you're telling us that you're missing your clothes because of monsters. And now you look like that to cover yourself?"

Asura nodded just as I instructed. The interrogation was held within the inner walls of the city. It turns out to be the place where the sentries least get dispatched to guard.

To avoid suspicions towards Asura, I did my best in instructing the girl to lie.

"What are these things anyway?"

One of the female sentries touched Asura's exo skeleton and inspected it closely at every angle. She didn't falter at all during her investigation.

"Hey captain, this armor-like thing is connected to her like a skeleton. I'm thinking she's some sort of demi-human. You're an expert so you should know her tribe, right?" She stated after a while before finally leaving our side.

"This is a demi-human I'm not familiar with. The ones I know have a different pattern and body structure. In any case, why do you want to enter the city?"

"Because I live here and I need to buy new clothes..."

"R-Right, Karen go give her one of your spare clothes. We can't just let her wander the city like this."

"Yes captain. Good thing I have some extra clothes for events like this, though I didn't expect someone would actually come at the gate naked."

After a sequence of pampering of the sentries to Asura, we were allowed to enter the city again. We really should get a sort of ID if we want to enter freely.

「Asura, let's enter the mercenary guild later after you give those materials to the granny.」

"Understood."

After arriving to the old woman's house, Asura proudly presented the medicinal herbs she asked for. That being said, it was a bit hard considering it was very chilly outside so I'm expecting a good income.

"Hmm, they're in fine condition. You spilled some blood on them but their quality won't be affected all that much. All of this would go for about 4,000 Gryles I assume."

Jackpot, it's not too low nor too high. We can make do with this for a while and buy Asura new clothes, preferably some light-weight armor.

"Can you fetch that mortar and pestle for me, Asura? I don't have the energy to stand up."

「Old people sure have it rough, go do what she said, Asura.」

"Mhm."

After receiving the instruments she asked for, the old lady started grounding the herbs together and performed other intricate processes.

『Observation complete, storing "Lesser Healing Potion Formula" data file in the Hall Of Memories.』

Looks like I can also acquire knowledge by simply watching the act. With this, I can make a healing potion. Except we don't really need it considering I can swiftly replace Asura's dead cells.

After receiving our payment, it was time for us to go outside and procure new clothes.

"Grandma, I'll be leaving now."

"Be careful on your way, dear."

After bidding her farewell, Asura exited granny's house and went through many different stores for any suitable clothing. Since I wanted something more special, I decided we go to a smithy of this area before going to the mercenary guild.

The one we went to looked rather rundown, but I can feel an intense heat coming from inside the building. Continuous hammering was reverberating through my internals.