Ashura's Incarnation Arc - Chapter 14: Parasite VS Devil Bat

「Asura! Dodge!」

A few minutes after we've reached the deepest chamber of the cave, something attacked us out of the blue. If I hadn't noticed it, my intuition is telling me we would have gotten crushed with an unbelievable force.

A dark ominous aura shaped like a giant bat struck the ground Asura was standing on, she evaded it in time because of my warning.

"My lord... What is that?"

Cold sweat broke through Asura's expression, but I couldn't blame her for it. In front of us was a bat twice the size of an elephant, is this the boss of the devil bats? But then, why were they running away from this direction when it's here?

When that thought crossed my mind, I noticed some dissimilarities besides how big it is compared to it's kin.

Veins were seemingly bloating from it's limbs, it's face looked like it was very distorted in fury making it look more devilish, it's body was clad in a darker shade of skin and lastly, something was latched into it's chest.

It was a red triangular crystal which was radiating a bloody color. Odd swelling streaks were connecting it to it's body like it's supplying the bat with power.

How strong is it?

「Asura.」

"Y-Yes?"

「Go fight it.」

Asura was trembling in it's presence. Compared to the other enemies we've fought, this one seems more powerful.

"Yes!"

But ofcourse, it's not powerful enough to waver Asura's determination and tenacity.

And so, the battle began.

"SKR... SKREEEEE..!"

The huge devil bat let out a cry, in response to that, Asura's back distended, and with a ripping sound coming from the back of her clothes, a pair of bat wings twice her height broke free, causing the nearby air to be pushed away.

Judging by the devil bat's reaction, it was quite surprised from suddenly seeing wings similar to it's own kin appearing from a different being.

「Asura!」

I could feel the muscles in Asura's feet reinforcing. The devil bat this body absorbed had finished extracting it's muscle memories it used to fly.

Then with a burst of speed, we rose to the air with two oscillations of the newly acquired bat wings. We remained stationary to wait for the bat to use it's wings as well.

The moment we entered this chamber, it was irregularly large and spacious. It's as if the terrain was perfectly made for aerial combat in the first place. So it doesn't make sense if I don't fight this thing flying.

Shoom!

Again, a fake bat was shot to our direction and hit the wall behind us. It's damage was destructive like an explosion, a big dent was created at the surface of where it hit.

That would definitely flatten us.

"My lord, how should we fight this monster?"

My initial plan is to slice it apart from a distance with the armed tentacles but I'm changing my mind after noticing something.

All this time, it hasn't charged at us like most monsters did when we've fought. And instead it's been shooting us with that bat attack from a distance.

Shodum!

Again, it threw at us a fake explosive bat which I didn't fail to avoid with our wings. But this time, the attack exploded before it even hit a surface. Blowing us away from our original position by a few meters forward.