29

Loki's lips were soft and gentle against yours as he let you lead the kiss. After a few seconds you pulled away, blushing furiously as you did so.

You looked over at Loki, noticing that he was grinning for ear to ear like he had just won the lottery. This made you blush even harder.

Loki leaned back, grinning at you as you continued to blush, not sure what to do next.

What do you do after you kiss your crush? You had no idea...

You had a feeling saying 'nice!' then giving Loki high-five would not have been acceptable.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." Loki finally admitted after he had his fun of watching you try to figure out what to do next.

"Kiss me?" You asked.

"Yes love." Loki laughed. "Kiss you."

"Oh." You nodded. "Yeah. Um... I've wanted to kiss you too. For a while, actually. But I was scared, because I wasn't sure if you liked me like I liked you. You know? Like what if you didn't like me, and then I ruined our friendship. I didn't want to do that. It would have also been awkward if you didn't like me romantically and I told you that I had a crush on you. We live across the hall form each other, it would kinda be hard to avoid you. So I just pretended that I didn't have a crush on you. That seamed like the most logical thing to do..."

Loki cut you off by leaning in and stealing another kiss, which effectively cut off your rambling.

This kiss felt just as good as the last one, and instinctively you kissed him back.  

"And what about now?" Loki asked when he pulled away leaving you breathless.

"I... um..." you stuttered, blushing. "Yeah, I'm picking up subtle  hints that you like like me too."

"Subtle?"

"Maybe I little more than subtle?"

Loki laughed, his joy and happiness reaching his eyes fully as he did. "You're cute when your flustered." He told you.

"Thanks." You laughed, snapping yourself out of your faze, then you sighed. "What happens know?"

"What do you mean love?"

"I mean... what do we do about these feelings? Are we a couple? Are we not...?"

"What do you want?" Loki asked.

"I would like to be a couple?" You told him, though it sounded more like a question than an answer.

Loki smiled, "so do I."

"But I've never done this." You told him sheepishly. "I've never been in a romantic relationship. Heck, I've never had a crush until you came along. I don't know how to be a girlfriend. Or how to have a boyfriend."

"We can take it slow then." Loki offered with a smile, gently taking your hand in his. "I won't push you for anything you aren't ready for."

"You'll be ok with that?"

"I'll be more than ok with that." Loki informed you. "I haven't been in a romantic relationship for quite awhile. It will be good for both of us to take it slow."

You nodded, feeling better that you and Loki were both on the same ground. At the same time, however, you were nervous about hearing he had past relationships.

Of course he did. He was thousands of years old.

But still... what if you didn't measure up to his expectations?

Loki kissed the top of your head, drawing you back to the present. "Yes, I have had past relationships." Loki told you gently. "But those are in the past. You have no need to be intimidated by them."

"How did you...?" You started to ask, then you stopped yourself. "Are my thoughts that loud?"

"Sometimes." Loki laughed.

"I really need to learn how to think quieter." You said, making Loki laugh harder.

*

Loki teleported you both back to the tower after you both were done with your late night picnic. And, after a few more goodbye kisses from him, you finally retired to your room for the night finding Eclipse still up waiting for you.

You crossed the room, sitting down next to him on his dragon bed, leaning your back against his side.

He purred, nuzzling you before laying his head down to go to bed.

You stroked his head as you thought over your day. Other than blowing up your party it really hadn't been all that bad. It was actually a really good day all things considered. You saw your long lost uncle, and, (more importantly) you kissed Loki. But there was one thing not adding up.

Why was Eclipse so worried about Nate?

It couldn't have been because he kissed you without your consent. Dragons didn't understand the concept of consent. Not when it came to things like humans kissing. Sure, Eclipse understood that Nate made you upset. But that didn't explain why he picked Nate out from miles away like he was an immediate threat to your physical safety.

"What are you trying to tell me that I'm not understanding bud?" You asked your sleeping dragon.