10

"Have you been asked to Homecoming yet?" Peter asked you the next day at lunch.

You were sitting at a table with Peter, Ned, and MJ, Peter's girlfriend. They were the only school friends you had. The only one you ever saw outside of school was Peter, and that was only when he was going around dressed as Spider-man. You still had trouble with connecting with people, or trusting people. Sometimes you wondered if they were really your friends, or if they were just friends with you because Tony told Peter to make you feel included.

You looked up from your lunch wondering when the conversation turned to the Homecoming, and if you had a date for it or not. "Umm... no?" You told Peter, though the tone of your voice made it sound like a question.

       "Are you planning on going to the dance?" Ned asked you. Ned had a small crush on you. He had ever since the day Peter introduced him to you. And though Ned was a nice enough kid, the feelings were not shared. It made you feel bad at times, but Ned simply just wasn't your cup of tea. You hopped he would get over his crush on you and move onto some other nice girl that would love the attention. So far he hasn't even had the courage to ask you out yet, nor had his awkward attempts to woo you slowed down in the slightest. He was a nice kid, who would never do anything to harm you, but that didn't save you from the extremely awkward conversations.

      "No." You told the table flatly. "I'm not."

"Why?" MJ asked you.

"No one has asked me yet."

"What if someone did ask you?" Peter asked curiously.

"Your girlfriend is right there Parker." You teased Peter, a smirk playing on your face as you gestured to MJ. "I think your efforts to woo a lady would be more welcomed by her."

Peter's cheeks turned red as he cut you off. "No no no. That's not what I'm asking... I didn't mean to ask you out. I was just curious what you would do if someone did ask you." Peter began to ramble out of embarrassment.

"Chill Peter." You laughed at him good naturally. "I'm just messing with you. I know your taking MJ." Peter seamed to relax at that a little, his red cheeks slowly returning to their natural color. "But if I did get asked I would say yes." You told them. They all started at you shocked. "What?" You asked them defensively. "I'm not rude. I know it takes courage to ask someone out."

       "I just thought you would say you're busy." Peter told you sincerely. "You know, with the Avengers and the dragon riding."

       "Pepper keeps trying to set me up with boys my age. And I've been out doing work for the king of Dakarus for months. I think everyone has agreed that I can make room for a night of dancing." You told the table. Sure, you didn't get close to people, and you preferred the company of your dragon to the company of people. But what teenager doesn't want to go to a school dance? They're fun.

       "And if you don't get asked out?" MJ asked you.

       "Then I will have a great night with Eclipse." You answered her. "We'll go flying over still lakes far way from the lights of the city. That's my favorite thing to do at night. The water reflects the stars in the night sky. So when it's a super clear night it feels like your flying in space. The stars above you shining down and the still water reflecting the beautiful night sky." Your voice sounded dreamy and far away as you described the beauty of the night. "It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen."

      "Sounds like fun." Peter commented.

      The bell rang a little while after that. You bid farewell to your friends before parting ways.

*

        After pottery school finally was over for the day. After a week in the pottery class you decided you weren't talented in things like making cups out of clay. You still couldn't figure out how tocenter the clay on the wheel. But that was something to worry about in class.

      Eclipse met you outside of the front doors. You climbed onto his back and quickly left the school yard. There was never a reason for you to stay at school any long than you had to.

*

"I thought I would be part of the conversation!" You yelled angrily when you walked through the balcony door into the living room. Loki was sitting on his couch reading a book like he always did. But you noticed the stupid metal band was back on his wrist.

        You vouched for Loki. You told the team he could be trusted. Then they decided to bind his powers without you around! That made you angry. Beyond angry. You were furious.

         "Where was I in the decision making?" You yelled still upset.

          Clint was in the kitchen poking around in the fridge looking for something to eat when you came in and started yelling. He poked his head around the refrigerator door. "Looks like someone angered the teenager." Clint commented to Loki who was still on his couch. Both of them watching your sudden outburst.

        "Clint was it you who decided this?" You asked him about ready to go over and kick his butt. You were supposed to be part of the decision making. The team couldn't just go around making decisions without you!

        Ok... they could. But that didn't mean you couldn't be upset about it!

     "No no no." Clint protested raising his hands up in surrender. You wouldn't hurt Clint, plus he was quite a good fighter, you couldn't hurt Clint if you tried. But you were an angry teenager, and that was something no one wanted to deal with. "I had nothing to do with this. If you want to be mad at someone go be mad at Tony and Cap."

"And where are they." You asked Clint with a growl in your voice.

"I believe their in Tony's Lab." Clint told you. "Lab 14A." He clarified before you demanded what lab they were in. You turned on your heel and stomped your way down the stairs, too angry to wait for the elevator.

*

       "Tony!" You yelled angrily as you stomped into the lab. "I thought I would be here for the debate! How can I defend my friend if I'm not around!?"

     "Look kid, it's nothing personal." Tony told you nonchalantly as he wisely stepped away from what he was working on.

      You could and would johto flip him over your shoulder.

     "But Loki can not be trusted. He tried to conquer the earth."

      "It was mind control!" You protested angrily. "Didn't you listen to anything Thor had to say?"

       Before you could yell some more a gentle calm hand was placed on your shoulder. You turned to see who the hand belonged to. It was Cap.

       "Listen (y/n)." Cap bit you gently, defusing your hot temper. "We know Loki has become your friend. We know you said that we can trust him. But we can't. Not fully. Not yet."

      You opened your mouth to protest but Cap continued his explanation.

     "Loki still has to prove himself to the rest of the team. Not just you. But because of you the new band he has on allows him more access to his powers. But it dose limit them. Trust me (y/n), we're doing what we think is best for the team."

      You grumbled, but Cap was so good at defusing ones temper that you couldn't stay that mad at him.

     "Just promise me you'll give him a chance?" You asked him, wanting nothing more but for Loki to be accepted as part of the team.

      "We promise." Cap assured you.