Chapter Sixteen: To Hell With It [2]

LUNA

Since this morning, I've been feeling some sort of eyes watching over me. It was quite an eerie feeling, I get chills. It made me quite wary of my surroundings while in the academy, at first I thought that there was just teachers monitoring us, but that was not the case.

If they were, the others would've felt their presence too, especially Remus— he even knew something ominous was about to happen to Rei earlier at lunch. This made my assumption true that someone was indeed watching only me. Even after taking off the earplugs, I can't hear them, only their uncomfortable gazes. Their movement, voices, breathing— I can't hear any of it.

I thought it'll go away after attending the party but seems like I was wrong. The previous man who tried to save me from dying on my first attempt suddenly burst in firmly holding my shoulders as I stare right through the two hole of his white silvery mask. His two front hair framing his half covered face sways a bit with the wind together with his tied hair at the back.

Even after hearing what he had said in repeat, I still couldn't get a hold of it. I was still in denial onto what he had just remarked.

"If you're thinking to go to the forest, forget it! You'll meet your demise in there!" He exclaimed, his sharp golden gaze seeping through the two eye hole of his mask, sent chills down to my spine. His voice was sincere and serious, even his eyes seems to tell the truth.

But still, how?

How in the world did he knew that? That I'll die once I step inside the forest? Was it a coincidence? Could he have a foresight ability?

I was about to speak up when Shiki interrupted.

"Can you let go of her?" He stated as he pushed the man in front of me with great force but not enough to make him fall. Shiki then guarded me from behind. "Who are you exactly?"

The man winced as heaved a sigh.

On the other hand, I was too baffled by the situation I was in. Seriously, how in world would he know that?

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out.

I pat Shiki's shoulder as I step out from behind approaching the pink haired man.

"It's fine, I know him." I said reassuring Shiki, although it was lie, but it's the only way I can find the truth about this man's words.

Shiki seems to believed me fortunately. I then stared up to the man in front of me, heaving a sigh before I speak.

"You," I proclaimed "follow me." Walking pass by him as I just let him follow me from behind.

Should I inform this to agapius? Yeah, I think I should, if it's a system error I'm sure he can fix it and perhaps may erase this boy's memory of that particular foresight.

"Where are we going exactly?" I jolted when he suddenly spoke and just noticed that he's already right by my side.

Ah.

I did tell him to follow me, but I have no f*cking idea where we should go. Furthermore, I don't know sh*t about this place. Why the f*ck am I suddenly cursing, godd*mmit.

We walked and walked for about— maybe twenty minutes until we reached the garden.

The cold breeze made the bushes and trees rustling and the bright moonlight sky was the only source of light we have on this area. There were lanterns, but they weren't torched.

Even after arriving here, we still walked some more. A clip clop noise plummeted the unusually quiet garden as our shoes collapsed one after another on the cobblestone road.