Second Chances

Jamie POV

I had just come home from work, when Jasper, Jamison, and his loyal companion Midnight pulled into the driveway as well. I saw Jamison with an unfamiliar smile on his face. I have never seen him so happy.

I love my youngest brother with all my heart, but I just didn't know how to connect with him. Our mom was always his favorite. He connected with her in a way the rest of us never did. It was the same way my other brothers and I felt about our dad.

I regret not getting to know him better as we grew up. After our parents passed away, I hung onto my twin as he did to me, and Jasper hung to Maverick. Now that I think about it Jamison had no one to rely on.

With his health problems and the loss of his anchor, my brothers and I could tell how much he was struggling. I know our parents would be disappointed in the way we have treated the baby of our family, that's why my brothers and I were determined to make it right.

When we were younger Jamison was a surprise to everyone. It was a surprise we we're so excited for. A new little brother, that I got the honor to name. I wanted our names to be similar, hence why I am Jamie and he is Jamison. He was my shadow when we were kids, he hung to me whenever he could. As we got older and our parents died we lost our connection with each other. He tends to be more comfortable around Jasper, and I will admit I get jealous as it seems they talk to each other easily. I want that connection back, and I'm going to try my hardest to get it back.

As the oldest of all of us, I had a protective streak against Jamison as a child. He was smaller and a little more fragile than the rest of us, so I wanted to make sure he was always safe, so seeing his smile today warmed my heart.

As I got out of my car I made my way to Jas, Jay and Midnight.

"Hey. How was school today?" I went up to him and pulled him into a big hug.

"It was awesome! I made an actual friend. He's new to the school and he actually talked to me! His name is Toby" He was so excited practically bouncing on his feet. He had to look up at me to talk. He was so small.

He was also smiling so bright, it was cute. We knew he struggle making friends at school. Jasper was always watching out for him, even if Jay didn't notice. To see him so happy for making a friend was the best gift I could ever receive.

"That's awesome Jay! I'm proud of you. Mason and Maverick are already inside so we can order pizza for dinner. Sound good?"

"Yeah! I'm actually really hungry." I smiled at him. I know he doesn't have the best appetite, I'm so glad we are getting to know him again though and help him with his struggles.

We all went inside, to find Mav and Mase sitting in the living room waiting on us. They both got up saying "hi" to both Jamie and I, doing the signature "bro hug" as people call it. Then they each went to Jay were he ecstatically recounted his day to them, a big smile on his face.

He then got nervous, I could tell he wanted to hug them. Bravely, he open his arms and Mason gladly embraced him back. He did the same to Maverick and Jasper as I went to order pizza for them.

Jay and Midnight went up to their room to settle down for a bit, and I went to the guys in the living room.

"He was so happy today." I said with a smile on my face.

"I know. He was always seemed so lonely at school. It was nice seeing him smile while talking to Toby at lunch." Jasper said, his smile mimicking my own.

"I'm glad he was comfortable enough to hug all of us today. I didn't know I missed his hugs until now. He used to hug us all the time as kids." Maverick stated, reminiscing about our past.

"Yeah. We have a lot to make up for. Luckily he's a literal angel, so forgiveness is easy for him." Mason stated. It was true Jamison was a literal angel. He looked like one and his personality was as nice as you could get.

We continue our small talk, when Jamison walked down with Midnight right by his side.

"Hi, I-I was wo-wondering if we-we could maybe watch a-a movie together?" It was obvious he was nervous, he shouldn't have to be with something as simple as watching a movie with his older brothers. He was picking at his fingers as well.

"Absolutely, Angel. Come sit beside me, we can find something to watch." I said gesturing to the open seat beside me. He smiled brightly and may his way towards me.

As he sat down, Midnight had it in his plans to sit directly on top of him. It was hilarious, Midnight was practically covering Jamison's entire body. Jay started to laugh as Midnight licked his face, and my brothers and I couldn't help but laugh with him at the giant lap dog.

After the laughter died down we picked out a movie to watch. We decided to start a series to watch together everyday, and we decided on Hawaii Five-O.

As the show started the doorbell rang and I went up to retrieve our pizza. After I got the pizza, we all decided to make our way into the dining room to eat together.

Jamison had told us a couple days ago, how much he struggled eating alone. That's when we decided we would always try and eat together as a family, and maybe it would help with his appetite.

Jay set out plates for us, while I distributed the pizza to the boys. We started to eat dinner, light conversation about our days scattered around the table. I was so happy to be with my brothers like this again. It reminded me of when our parents were alive.

I know they would be happy with the progress we were making and I couldn't be more thankful, for our second chance.

Hi 😎

We got to see a little of what goes on in Jamie's head. I don't plan on doing a lot of POV changes, but that could change. I really like writing what goes on in Jamison's head.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you have any ideas you would like to share or prompts that you would like to see let me know. I have my own ideas, but I also want this to be a super fun book.

Leave your comments and reactions 🥰

Bella 💙