New Start

Mason POV

Growing up I always had Jamie by my side. He was my best friend and rock. When Jasper and Maverick were born they were best friends always together causing trouble. Jamison came as a shock to everyone. 

This small baby with the whitest hair I'd ever seen, and the most extraordinary eyes. A literal angel in a sense was born. 

I always had an instinct to protect him, as did my other brothers. When our parents died I relied on Jamie for comfort as he did for me. Jasper relied on Maverick and vice versa. The day Jamie gather us in his room while Jamison was sleeping was the day I wanted to punch myself in the face.

Flashback

Jamie: Hey all of you meet me in my room.

I looked down at my phone at the group-chat my brother had created. Telling us to come to his room. I was extremely confused as to why. 

We were all in our individual rooms at the time. We all congregated to my twin's room.

"What's wrong Jamie?"  I asked as my other brothers nodded in agreement.

"I am worried about Jamison."

"What do you mean, what's wrong with Jamison?" I asked

"I think he feels we forgotten all about him. I heard him one night talking with Midnight about feeling alone, and how he wishes he was more like us. How he wishes mom and dad were here." He said with a frown on his face.  

Sure. Jamison was different from us, and I guess we never took the time to understand him. I just never thought of how it might make him feel. I felt my stomach drop. 

"I think you're right, I heard him quietly crying one night, but I didn't know how to comfort him, so I left it alone. Now that I think about it at school he is always alone. Oh my God, there is no telling how he really feels." Jasper said quietly.

"We have to fix this. Speaking for myself I know that I have never really been there for him after mom and dad died. We all had each other and forgot completely about him. I'm supposed to be his guardian, someone he can go to, and I never was." Jamie said. He looked like he wanted to cry. I wanted to cry.

"None of us were really ever brothers to him, if you think about it. He was always so fragile, so we left him out when we did things together. He must hate us." Maverick added to the conversation. 

"Then we have to fix this. He is 17 years old. He will be a senior next year. Then he's off to college, or whatever he wants to do. What if he never comes back after that? What if he never talks to us again. We could lose our little brother." I said as I started to freak out about the possibility of Jamison leaving and never looking back.

"It's settled. We have to be there for Jay. Not only with his illnesses, but him in general. We'll have a talk with him soon. Agreed" Jamie said determined. We all nodded in agreement. I really want to punch myself now.

Flashback over

We now have a better relationship with Jamison. Seeing him in the hospital after his seizure broke my heart. Sure he's had seizures and asthma attacks before, but they usually didn't require him to go to the hospital like this one did. 

He looked so much smaller in the hospital bed. My baby brother.

After leaving the hospital and eating our dinner, we had all decided to just calm down from previous events and watch tv together. 

I looked over to Jamison to see him snuggled up with Jamie. Midnight right by Jamison's feet. Jamie looked content with our baby brother in his arms. 

"He fell asleep." I said quietly to Jamie, as he looked down at the sleeping angel.

"I'll take him up to bed, he must be tired after everything." We all nodded to him as he picked up Jay, he's was always extremely light.  Saying quick goodnights even though he couldn't hear us.

The rest of us stayed in the living room changing the show as it was a show we only want to watch together with Jamison.

I'm glad I have my little brother back.

Jamie POV

As I carried my little Jamie up the stairs I was reminded of when he was little and he loved when I would tuck him in. If I could redo these past years I would in a heartbeat. I missed my little brother and it was all my fault.

I laid him down in his bed careful not to wake him up. Midnight snuggling up beside him as always. I pushed his hair out of his face.

"Night Jay. Sleep well. I love you" I told him even though he couldn't hear me.

"I love you too Jamie. Goodnight" He said quietly, making me freeze. It's been so long since I've heard him say that. He slowly drifted back to sleep, the day catching up to him, as I pet Midnight and exited his room.

I went downstairs to my other brothers all of them staring at me.

"He said he loved me. It's been so long." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Lucky. I want to hear that too." Jasper pouted in jealously. I smirked at them my heart feeling like it was on top of the world.

"You'll hear it soon, I'm sure" I smiled at them.

We continued watching the random movie they must have put on. This was one of the greatest and most terrifying days I've had in a long time. My little Jamie loves me, even though I don't deserve it. I'm grateful he so forgiving. A new start for all of us.

Hi 😎 

Two updates in one day, I'm shocked. Anyways we got to see into the minds of Mason and Jamie. They really are remorseful about forgetting their brother. 😢

I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far. Thank you so much for reading.

We will get Maverick's POV soon, don't worry. 😊

Leave your votes and comments 🤓

LOVE YA!!

Bella 💙