My Unrequited Love

Dear My URL,

When I first heard your name I did not really care. Well, people has been talking about you like you are some kind of a top celebrity. Every girl talks how handsome or cute you are. I saw girls giggle just by the mere mention of your name. You have been their most-talked topic. But who you really are? Hmmm. Well. I do not care. I am not actually the type of girl who is so nosy about what or who people talk about. I just let it pass my ears. I heard you are not just handsome and cute and charming but oh boy you are also smart. You just graduated Valedictorian in highschool and had some awards like being the Best Debater, Best in Poster-Making Contest. You also even won an oratorical speech contest during your junior year. You also became the student body president and has represented your school at a National Leader's Congress where you delivered a speech about gender equality and well after your speech, everyone at the hall with thousands of other students and audiences at the gallery who were watching you gave you a great applause and a standing ovation. It was a 30-minute speech and the next day, you were featured on a national daily broadsheet, Manila Bulletin. You definitely made headlines for taking a stand about the status... about the real status of men and women and of the people in the third sex that there should be no discrimination and criticism and that there should be respect, understanding and peace for everyone. You said that equality is equivalent to peace. Love one another. Care for each other. It was your words. Then, you even had the privilege to be awarded as one of the country's Top Ten Most Outstanding Young Men. The shortlist was being chosen by a panel and you were one of the chosen ten with exemplary acts who have contributed well academically and in community projects. In fact your hydroelectric power proposal to the Energy Department is now being implemented at a remote place in the countryside south of the Philippines where a community has been thriving for water supply. You received a $2,000 for that project. You even had the chance to meet the President of the Republic when you received the Top Ten Most Outstanding Young Men award for it is being given by the President each year. You have so many achievements aside from being a scholar. I also heard you've got perfect score during the entrance exam. Like whoa! Smarty boy! You don't only excel academically because you also play chess. Great. You are so great! Can't you do nothing? I have this kind of information overload. Girls talking about you whenever I am in the cafeteria, whenever I scan for books in the shelves at the library. And even in the hallways, ladies's room, whenever I read my notes inside the classroom and my girl classmates would talk about you. Like who are you? Well. My ears and my mind are going to explode anytime now. But girls find you irresistible. Cuz you are Kurt Christian Tiu. Simply irresistible. Ugh.

Love,

Kate Alcante