My Unrequited Love

Dear My URL,

I am not actually the type of girl who is very fashionable and very sophisticated-- maybe I run in the middle of the spectrum. I prefer to just left unnoticed than be the center of attraction. I do not want attention like eyes being hurled at you. There are students in the university who do that. Make-ups on their faces. Mini skirts and plunging necklines are being worn to catch guys's attention. Like are they trying to audition for a sexy photoshoot at a men's mag like Playboy or FHM? Don't they respect themselves? It is like they have to show and sell themselves. I'm not sounding bitter here but I can also show my slim bod but duuuuh it is of no need. Women do not need to show themselves in two piece swimsuits just to prove they are sexy. For me sexiness is about having confidence with your body and not in wearing bikinis. Well, just my opinion. I have long straight shiny hair that flows through my midback. Slim body and stands 5'6" tall. Almond shaped-eyes that goes dark black at the center. I also have fair white skin. Junior year and the opening of classes has started. It was second week of classes and then I heard rumors of a new transfer student whose name has been the subject of chitchats especially by girls. At first I just let it pass from my left ear to the other. Duh, as if there were no transfer students each semester. But wait, there is more cuz he is no ordinary guy. I rolled my eyes when I overheard my two girl classmates talking when my class for Developmental Psychology has not started. And yes, I am a Psychology major. Why is he a no ordinary guy? Does he have three eyes? Did he come from Mars? Like duh. Well, they sure are making a fuss over this guy. Is he a celebrity to be talked about? Have I seen him on TV? Does he have a commercial for Bench? Does he have a Youtube video? Did he do something in social media that went viral which made him known to anyone? Ugh. I do not know. I do not even know his name nor seen him in campus. But wherever I go, this guy is very famous. Girls would giggle when they talked about him. I just let this pass and let them be. It is none of my business. I would rather read my notes and review my lessons than involve myself talking with this guy. I was seating at the table in the library reading my notes for Theories of Personality when two girls came and sat across me. They talked again about this guy and then I decided to dig my earbuds from my bag and plugged it on my ears to not hear them. And well, this University has a lot of cute and handsome guys but this one is different. I furrowed my brows and decided to stop reviewing cuz I can not focus anymore. My mind has been flying somewhere else. I was not able to absorb the information that I needed for my Personality class. Who is he? I wanted to ask the two girls talking but I resisted myself because it is inapt and I am not like that kind of person. The bell rang and I gathered my notebook and two books. I stood up and the two girls also stood up and I was walking behind them through the exit doorway of the library. It was going fine when the two girls squealed and they said they have seen the guy. I diverted my sight to the guy. But I did not see his face. What I have seen was his retreating back. He has broad shoulders. He is tall and white-skinned. And that was it. That is Kurt! I heard one of the two girls. So he is Kurt. Kurt is the name, huh? He was wearing a black shirt and jeans and a rubber shoes. But duh. I won't let this affect me. The university campus is big and for sure I will rarely see him.

Love,

Kate Alcante

PS: Good thing that the University Admin has released a memo for proper dress code for men and women every washday and that falls every Wednesday. No mini skirts and plunging necklines! *smirks*