My Unrequited Love

Dear My URL,

I could still remember the feeling and the boy. It was back when I was in my junior year in highschool. I had a crush on this guy named David. He's cute and has Chinese eyes and whenever he smiles, his eyes would squint even more and it was the cutest thing ever. We were classmates and I was really happy when we became seatmates then we became very good friends... I mean we became bestfriends. He is nice and a gentleman. He always make sure I had done my homeworks at home because sometimes I do it in school. Yeah, I am lazy too. We always help each other in several projects in school like experiments in Chemistry. We always hangout at our favorite spot in the library then we would squat there and exchange books then read it. During class reportings on our History class, we always choose one another to be partners. We go to the cafeteria to eat our lunch and share our foods to each other. He always make sure that I go home safe and every Fridays he always send me home because the next day is Saturday and no classes so he want to come with me so I get home safe. Whenever it would rain, we always share under one umbrella cuz he never brings umbrella. On Saturdays he would ask me out to spend the day with him in the mall or somewhere else. We also make calls and texts and chats on facebook. He really is so sweet and a perfect guy to become a girl's boyfriend. Then my friends at school have been asking me if we were a couple but I just smiled at them and say that we are just very good friends. Of course, it was just good friendship between us two. We never go beyond friendship. But at the back of my head, I really wanna slap my face for lying to them. I know I can not tell them the truth. One night when I was lying on my bed realizing things. Then I felt I was falling for him but it could not be because he is my bestfriend.

Love,

Kate Alcante

PS: Should I tell him that I like him? And risk our friendship? Will he feel the same? Ugh.