My Unrequited Love

Dear My URL,

From bestfriends to lovers. It was one of my dreams for me and David. It was really so great having him as a boyfriend. He really takes good care of a girl and my girl friends have been bringing up the topic that he should court me but well, David is not making a move to court me. Maybe in the coming weeks or days? Ugh. I do not know. Even his friends were teasing him too but he just smiles. At first, I did not know that I was falling for him not until I realized the flutter in my chest whenever he is around and it is something new to me. Whenever I see him walk toward me, it seems everything would slow down and my heart would skip a beat. Whenever I am with him, everything is so safe and calm. He is all I want and I know it. I wanted to tell him my feelings but I was afraid. I am so afraid that I would risk our friendship. And oh, we are single but that does not mean I have the assurance that the feeling I have been hiding will be reciprocated. One time when we were talking over lunch, David brought up a topic of him liking a girl who is also our classmate and with that, my heart began to hammer against my chest. When he said the he has liked a girl, he looked at me straight in the eyes and he was serious. I looked at him while my heart was pounding. I was fidgeting then I looked down and I realized that my cheeks were burning and my hair fell to the side and I hope that at least it covered my face. I tried to compose myself that time and looked up to him then he smiled and squeezed my hands and he said that he is going to court that girl no matter what happens. I forced a smile on my face and I thought to myself that would it be me? Is it me that he is referring to? I was feeling really giddy that at least he told me something that would be a hint. It was my first time hearing from David of him liking a girl. Then days go by that he was very vocal of courting a girl and then my classmates already knew that it would be me. He was very secretive and I could not tell if it was me because I never seen him hangout with other girls and so I realized that it was me. It was me. During English class, he scribbled a note on a piece of paper and he passed it to me. I furrowed my brows at him because I do not want to be disturbed when listening to class discussions. But when I read the note it said I have something to tell you about the girl whom I really like. See you during dismissal time at 4PM. :) A smile formed on my face and then I scribbled something and it said Ok. See yah :)) then I handed it to him and we both looked at each other smiling so sweetly. And during the whole English class, I was not paying attention. My mind was floating and no matter how I encourage myself to listen to Mrs. Aragon's discussion about Robert Frost, but it was not being absorbed by my head. I was really excited of what he is going to tell me later. Is he going to finally tell me that he likes me too? Oh my gosh. My heart went wild again and I had the difficulty of containing myself. I was really squirming. I can't help myself look at the wallclock. It was 1:30PM and that means I only have to wait for two and a half hours and then finally! David would tell me he likes me too. I can't really wait. Brace yourself, Kate. This is going to be the sweetest and the best part of your highschool.

Love,

Kate Alcante