Chapter (2/5): An Idol Debut

[Lilycove Contest Hall, Hoenn Region]

After a 1 hour flight from Vermilion to Lilycove, Ash, Goh & Chloe now stood at the entrance of the contest hall, and needless to say; there's a lot of people lined up.

"Wow, lot of people...", Goh said speechless as he saw a lot of people around the entrance area.

"Makes sense, Lisia's an idol, while Serena's a popular coordinator so it makes sense they have a lot of fans", Chloe explains.

"Yeah... fans...", Ash says sounding a bit sad as he finishes.

'Of course she's bound to have fans, she's a popular coordinator after all! And with fans come admirers...'

'What if you can't confess to her now if her heart belongs to someone else? And you just came here for nothing... save yourself from the heartbreak and rejection'

'Don't think like that! Serena kissed you on your last day in Kalos, like what Burnet and Chloe said, "a declaration of love"!'

'Who's to say feelings change, it's been 2 years since that escalator. Plus you stood there like an idiot not knowing what to do'

if you thought Ash didn't have any second thoughts about reuniting with Serena a second time. He did have a few. "Did Serena move on from him?", "Was he too late to confess?", "Can he handle the fact Serena already has someone else to call "her other half"?". All these negative thoughts gave him a crushing feeling in his heart, plus the positive thoughts in his head helped combat his expectations (only by half).

"You okay Ash?", Chloe asked him noticing the change of tone in his voice.

"No no, it's fine. Let's just go inside and see the show", as he was walking towards the entrance, hiding his second thoughts, he accidentally bumped into someone in front of him.

Someone he hasn't seen since his journey in the region he's currently in and last reunited with in Sinnoh a few years back.

"Hey watch where you're going!", the person Ash bumped into him told him.

"Sorry, i was distracte- Wait, May?"

That person (now identified as Ash's old travelling companion May), got back up and turned around to see the raven-haired trainer.

"Ash!? It's been years, how are you!", she exclaimed, now looking face to face at Ash.

"Gonna introduce us first?", Goh called out to the two friends.

"Friends of yours?", May questioned.

"Yeah. Goh, Chloe, meet May, we traveled together along with her brother and Brock a few years back", Ash explained. "May, meet Goh and Chloe, friends from Vermillion City", then proceeded to point at the two.

"Pika!", Pikachu jumped into May's arms for a hug.

"Hey Pikachu, long time no see!", May said to the yellow mouse as she proceeded to hug back.

(A/N: Small piece of info; May's outfit is that of her character in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

Grookey and Eevee proceeded to interact with the Princess of Hoenn, same goes for Goh and Chloe who wanted to learn about her history with Ash. As the two trainers, their pokemon and Pikachu were making small talk with May, Ash looked away from the group for a moment to look at a nearby poster that depicted Lisia and Serena and their contest outfits, and their pokemon Ali and Sylveon.

Ash got lost in thought for a moment staring at the poster, but was snapped back to reality when he felt a hand touch his right shoulder.

"So... i assume you're here for Serena then?"