Chapter 18: Roundtable Respite #2

A/N: Here we are with the second of what I call the Roundtable Respites. This one has both more smut AND more plot in it than the first one. Didn't originally intend for that to happen, but it's what we're working with!

This is not, however, the end of Act 2. Rather, that's next chapter, with Melina!

-x-X-x-

She hears about his return to Roundtable Hold in the same way everyone else does. When the nameless, mute Tarnished separates Ensha's head from his shoulders in self-defense. Perhaps that's why Nepheli does what she does. Perhaps that's why she chooses not to wallow for a single moment more. The second she can, she grabs the Tarnished by his shoulders and drags him into a side room.

"Fuck me. I want you to make me feel it. I want everyone in this damn hold to hear me."

The Demigod Killer looks at her... and sees right through her. Nepheli very nearly shies away from that look, but then he reaches out and wraps a hand around her neck, pulling her into a savage kiss. In an instant, she's losing herself in him, and he in her in turn. Their clothes go flying, her dark flesh laid naked and bare.

Spun about, he bends her over a nearby cabinet. Nepheli's hands slap down on the top of the thing, and she gasps and groans as his freed, throbbing cock slaps up against her slit from below. She's not wet just yet, she's had no reason to be aroused until this moment, but she's getting there fast. Still, he doesn't thrust in right away, clearly noting that her body needs to catch up with her heart's desire.

It's in that moment, as she feels him rubbing back and forth across her lower lips in an effort to get her juices flowing swiftly, that Nepheli lays her heart bear.

"My father... cast me out. F-For indulging my emotions. Forgetting the mission. Heh, punishment for offing... offing his pawns."

Her fellow Tarnished doesn't seem at all surprised. He knew then. Not just that Gideon had disowned her, but what the man had done. The Omenkiller, the cursemongers... they were sent to the Village of the Albinaurics on Sir Gideon Ofnir's orders. And for what? What did he have to show for the massacre he'd orchestrated?

Yet, Nepheli hangs her head all the same, even as she clings to the cabinet. It's impossible not to feel doubt in the depths of her soul.

"Father... rather, Lord Gideon has offered me guidance all my life. I w-would have done anything for him, t-to place him on the throne of the Elden Lord. And yet, I..."

Before she can continue, her fellow warrior's hand wraps around and takes hold of her chin. He turns her head so she's looking him in the eye, and even as his cockhead slips into her now wet slit, beginning to push into her inch by inch, he solemnly shakes his head. In the eyes of her fellow Tarnished, Nepheli Loux finds the conviction she was lacking. She finds the courage, the bedrock that she needs to go on. For a brief moment, she had floundered... but only for a moment.

"Y-You're right. I am Nepheli Loux. Warrior. Give it to me. Let him hear me. Let the All-Knowing know this."

Nodding solemnly, he seizes upon her hips, corded with a warrior's muscle. And then he begins to thrust. Nepheli doesn't hold anything back. Satisfaction fills her breast, as she cries out in ecstasy and pleasure. They're in a room off to the side, bereft of people, offering a modicum of privacy all things considered... but in truth, there is no privacy when Nepheli is being THIS loud.

Still, she has no reason to contain herself. Propriety? What propriety? Roundtable Hold sits as a gathering of would-be thieves and murderers, hiding behind a thin veneer of honor and vaunted purpose. Nepheli could care less what any of them, including Lord Gideon, think of her. All that truly matters is the opinion of her lover, she's come to realize.