Bonus Chapter #7: Malenia, Blade of Miquella

A/N: Malenia has some serious self-esteem issues, lol. Once again though, the Lands Between has no therapists. So a good hard fuck and a baby are the best she can hope for.

-x-X-x-

The Haligtree had changed greatly, and in such a short period of time too. Even before she'd left for the... for the w-wedding, the changes had been obvious. Malenia had worried, at first. While the perfected needle had purged her body of the Scarlet Rot at long last, completing her dear brother's work, that did not mean the Scarlet Rot was purged from the Lands Between in its entirety.

Indeed, Caelid was still plagued, and so was Miquella's Haligtree. Malenia could fight it, and she had immediately started doing so, working to cleanse the Scarlet Rot where she could with her newfound immunity, but she was only one swordswoman, in the end.

Ultimately, her only choice had been to put Miquella back into the Haligtree from whence he'd been torn, and hope that in doing so, he could save the Haligtree... rather than her dooming her brother. It hadn't been precisely obvious if it was working at first, however. There had been war within the boughs of the Haligtree, war between those driven mad by the Scarlet Rot, and those who still stood strong and loyal to the Twins.

And then it had come. A new Age... and a new Order. The Elden Ring had been reforged, and the impact of that had been felt throughout the Lands Between. The most important thing, however, to come along with this, was the immediate cessation of the Outer Gods' movements within the Lands Between. And not just their movements, but their influence altogether.

All of them had been pushed back. All of them had had their plans curtailed. Each and every one could no longer work their will upon the Lands Between, not even through their servants. Not without running afoul of the new Elden Lord, her Sweet Tarnished.

For Malenia and Miquella, this specifically meant an immediate turning of the tide. In all regards, the Haligtree could be considered a haven for the Scarlet Rot and the Outer God behind it. But after the formation of the new Elden Ring, bigger and stronger and more versatile than ever, that haven turned upon its denizens. The Scarlet Rot had no place in the Lands Between any longer, and the Haligtree, despite her brother's efforts to have it far removed from their mother and the Golden Order's influence, was within the bounds of this new Order.

Twas a blessing in disguise, to be sure. Miquella, deep in his comatose state, struggling to recover from what Mohg did to him, would not need to fight to survive any longer. The Haligtree had been purged and cleansed, and its boughs were slowly but surely recovering day by day. With Miquella nestled deep within it, her beloved brother would recover as well, and one day Malenia knew he would open his eyes and walk by her side once more.

Until that day came, it fell to her to protect him, as she'd failed to do before. But... well, in the wake of the new Elden Ring's creation, after the discovery that the Outer Gods could no longer touch her or her brother or even the Haligtree itself... Malenia had allowed herself to be cajoled. Not by her Sweet Tarnished, mind, for he did not talk, but by her own mother.

The reunion with Marika had been... hm, interesting. Malenia had half-expected her mother to blame her and Miquella for their abandonment of the Golden Order, for leaving it behind. It had been Miquella's choice, made off of the Order's failure to cure Malenia, but all the same... the Twins had left together, and Malenia would not apologize for following her brother into the unknown.

But Marika did not expect an apology. In fact, she seemed pleased that Malenia and Miquella were alright... and utterly full of wroth to find out what Mohg had done to his half-brother in her absence. In the wake of everything, Malenia and Marika's reunion felt almost unimportant. In the grand scheme of things, it was... hm, simply not that big of a deal.