Captivity

Chapter 3:

Waking up in the cold isolation of the lab didn't get easier each time. Taking in your surroundings you realised that blondie had carried you to your room. An industrial metal bed frame dug into your back through the pathetically thin mattress, precariously creaking against the slightest movement.

Although the idea of staying in bed and sleeping forever sounded really tempting, the chill that made its way through the fine material of the hospital gown urged you to your feet and you stepped cautiously around the bed frame. A sharp stinging on your wrist warranted a glance which exposed the red and raw skin around the tattoo wound. Deciding that you should probably find a washroom, you headed to the nearest door; an infection seemed like the last thing you needed right now. Entering what seemed to be a dingy bathroom, immediately you were met with the sight of you in a chipped mirror.

Panic flooded your mind as you let your hands instinctively fly to your head feeling for your locks that had been buzzed; in your disorientated state you hadn't paid any mind to the weight that had been, quite literally, lifted from your shoulders. Your e/c eyes glossed over, spiking your lashes with tears.

At this moment, the reality of your situation set in and you wrapped your arms over your chest, crouching into a ball as if trying to hold yourself together. Sobs wracked your body, the outside of your vision darkening as you further fell victim to your own despair and helplessness. A scream of frustration clawed it's way up your windpipe and reverberated off the tall empty walls

My life no longer belongs to me. I am trapped here forever.

The haunting words reverberated in your head, fear taking a death grip on your throat, the cherry on top being the thought of your parents. They were probably perfectly content, even after ruining your life and continuing theirs without a single thought of you. Where did it go wrong?

I need to fucking get out of here.

Next thing you registered was your feet pounding on the freezing floor of the hallway; going to where? You had no fucking clue. Heart beating erratically against your rib cage, lungs rapidly expanding and deflating.

You were getting closer to the door at the end of the corridor when a hand encased your wrist abruptly tugging you into a  cramped storage room, well concealed due to its unremarkable appearance, and causing you to choke out a gasp as the door closed.

Your adrenaline kicked in as you swiftly craned your neck to identify the assailant, ready to kick someone's ass, surprised to meet a pair of cerulean eyes looking down at you intently.

"Blondie?" Catching your breath as you notice your chest is practically pressed up against his firm one "what are you-"

You stop short at his expression morphing into one of concern as he sees your tear stained cheeks and red eyes. Without hesitation he softly grasped your chin tilting your face upwards and wiped at your wet face with the other hand.

"I can help you, y/n" his utterance of your name in his husky voice prompting an involuntary fluttery feeling in your chest. Registering his words, a spark of hope ignited itself in your chest as you quickly reminded yourself not to get your expectations too high, deciding to listen to what he had to say.

"I'll help you to escape" you inhaled a sharp breath "I just need you to trust me."

...trust. The word felt wrong. Anger quickly rose up through you. He wanted you to fucking trust him? Was he not working for the man who had stolen your life away? If the past few days had taught you anything, it's that you couldn't trust anybody in this merciless world. On that thought your plan solidified in your mind; you could rely only on yourself. Making eye contact with the man in front of you, your gaze hardened.

You couldn't help the scorning glance you threw over your shoulder as you turned to leave the supply closet.

"I don't need your help" you spat dispassionately, heading to the rainbow room where your plan would commence.

(A/n: 👀 shit is about to get interesting ;))

This chapter was written by Angel