His help

Chapter 8:

Stumbling to the chess set in the rainbow room, which was coincidentally less empty than before, you moved pieces about absently. You didn't really know how to play the game. You were starting to think that you didn't know anything.

Suddenly, you jumped out of your skin when a pawn from the other side of the chess board moved in to your line of sight. Moved by unfathomably graceful long fingers. Callouses marked those hands and veins protruded in some areas. You looked up to see Blondie standing over the table, craning your head up to meet his gaze over his tall form. Suddenly your face heated at your skittishness.

"May I join you?" He asked, smiling. You nodded and he took a seat. His deep blue eyes flickered to the security camera and he motioned for you to carry on playing chess.

You moved to take his pawn, smiling in victory. "Ha," you said arrogantly, despite not really knowing how to play the game very well. You had only played a couple of times with your sibling. Before the accident. You shut out the thought.

Your leg was touching his under the table, feeling his warmth.

He used your move and your distraction as an opening to check your king in a cunning manoeuvre, wiping the idiotic expression off your face. "Got you," he said, smiling.

"Shit," you whispered, suddenly feeling yourself getting competitive.

"I can see you haven't had much practice at this," he laughed softly. His eyes snagged on the bruise on your temple and his smile faded. "Who did this to you?" He asked, his jaw ticking.

"It doesn't matter," you said, remembering how infuriating it was when those words were his only reply to your questions. Despite his kindness, you felt pride at using his previous words against him. What was wrong with you?

"017-," he began, a murderous look simmering in his eyes. You had a feeling he had an impulsive side.

"Y/N," you interjected, "That's my name. I don't want to be a number to you."

His gaze softened. He opened his mouth as his hand suddenly moved to rest on your thigh and said, "My name is Peter."

"Now I can finally stop calling you Blondie," you sighed playfully. Anything to see that smile. "Now can you teach me how to play?" You were determined to win at least one game against him.

"Only if you tell me who did this," he said carefully.

"You know I can't do that," you said, your eyes flickering to 009 and 013, who had come back to the room.

"Fine. At least let me help you." His hand tightened on your thigh.

Oh my god...

"I can't protect you from all the monsters here. Let me help you escape." You were taken aback at his concern for you. "Please," he said, his voice sounding genuine.

In that moment his words struck something inside of you and you wanted to rip his clothes off. You didn't care how much trouble you got in.

"Yes," you whispered breathily. You cursed your impulsiveness as you followed him blindfolded into whatever plan he had concocted.

The look of someone who had just won flashed in his eyes. "Good," he smiled. Despite yourself, you found yourself grinning back.

This chapter was written by Rain ☁️