The plan

Chapter 14:

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait on these next few chapters, but I promise you that there is lots of drama so hold on tight! <3

Thank you for your support! Love, Rain + Angel <3

THIS CHAPTER IS FROM 001's PERSPECTIVE!!

The next morning, I had tracked down Y/N, confident as I had drawn up the last of our plans.

I lead her to the corner of the rainbow room with the chess set, my hand wrapped around her delicate wrist.

Her eyes were wide with adrenaline as she said breathlessly, "what's our plan?"

I moved a pawn slowly. "There's a network of drains out in the courtyard that leads to the town nearby. It's called Hawkins."

She nodded, eyes fluttering in a cacophony of feelings - one in particular seemed like hurt. "I know it. I used to live there before my parents betrayed me to Brenner."

I sighed through my nose. "He will pay for what he has done," I said quietly, my face emotionless as I captured her bishop. "But in the meantime, that is where we'll escape from."

She nodded so slightly I might have imagined it. Smart girl.

"But it's dangerous. This place is guarded heavily, and even without the CCTV and guards there are laser beams activated between 6pm to 6am, which is when we will need to leave." Under the cover of darkness.

Little did she know I had other plans. The drain did not lead to Hawnins. It was simply a sewer. And despite our friendship, I valued my plans more. They had been in the works for years and some girl didn't change that fact.

Although part of me wished I was the man that could escape with her, form a life with her.

But we were both too damaged, too scarred to ever make something beautiful out of the wastelands that was our lives.

See, the lid to the drain did not open from the inside. I would trap her in there after she helped me with the escape, and whilst I would triumph and be free, she would be stuck in a pooey sewer.

She sighed. "I'm scared, Peter."

"I know," I lied. "But we will escape. Together."

Written by Rain 🫶🏻