Conflict

Chapter 7:

(A/N: REMAIN VIGILANT READERS, SPICE IS AROUND THE CORNER!)

Feeling embarrassed after your disastrous training, you walked to the rainbow room, shame burning your cheeks and your head hung low in defeat. You had been thrown like a rag doll.

You would never get used to this place, the repetitive tiled rooms. You felt like a lab rat.

Pushing open the door, you halted in confusion. It was empty. Had you forgotten another training session? You didn't care after that embarrassing fucking attempt.

Sighing, you sat on the floor beside a tower of blocks and began to stack them half heartedly, your mind elsewhere. You were thinking about how your powers were practically nonexistent and how much of a failure you seemed. And you thought about Blondie. He was the only person here who treated you like a human being.

You startled out of your skin, sending the tower toppling down as the door to the room opened abruptly. It was the two assholes from earlier who taunted you when you couldn't complete the training task.

What the fuck do they want?

"Look who it is," the girl, 013, said mock-sweetly. "Do you need help lifting those blocks, pooface?" Her permanent sneer on her face seemed to deepen.

"No thanks, I'm good BARNACLE BRAIN," you returned in the same sarcastic tone.

The boy, who you knew was 009, swiped one up in his hand and said, "here, please, let us help you."

He swung the block at your head, not giving you any time to duck, hitting you in the temple. You raised your hand to the warm current of blood flowing down the side of your face, hand shaking.

"What the fuck?!" you seethed, storming forward to retaliate. 013 was too quick. She slammed you against the wall with her telekinesis, making you see red with anger. They approached, tauntingly slowly, laughing.

"If only you weren't such a foot, maybe you could actually fight back." The boy, 009, said, an exaggerated apologetic look on his face. They were close enough that you spat in his face, kicking his leg and sending him sprawling. Shock was painted on his face, as if surprised that you actually fought back and didn't just accept what they were doing.

"That was a bad idea," 013 said, rage in her voice. She slammed you to the wall again, your head taking another blow. Great. You were definitely concussed. "Why don't you just stop trying altogether, you're embarrassing yourself," she said, her voice a mocking caress.

Despite your hatred for them, a part of you wanted to nod and agree. Succumb to the fear you desperately tried to hide, like a pathetic gerbil. To admit that you didn't know what you were doing and you were really scared in this place. You didn't want to be here. You didn't want to have to train to become someone else's weapon. You wiggled your toes in anger.

"Just think about it," she said, smiling sweetly, turning on her heels as they both left, leaving you slumped on the floor, blood still running down your face. You didn't want anyone to see you like this. You didn't want him to see you like this.

Standing up slowly, you made your way to the toilets at an agonisingly slow pace, having to keep one hand propped on the wall in case you fell over. You opened the worn out door to the bathroom and turned on the taps to the sink. You looked like shit. Dark circles were under your eyes from sleepless nights of worrying, bruises and eventual scars marked your body, and you seemed to always be covered in blood. Your face was sallow, your lips cracked and wan.

Scrubbing your face in the cold water, you dabbed your face with paper towels to dry it.  You could snitch on them and get them in trouble, but you didn't want to give them another reason to see you as weak.

Clenching your bumcheeks so hard they trembled, you looked at yourself in the mirror, leaning over the sink. You would just have to become better than them.

This chapter was written by Rain ☁️