Zinging

Chapter 13:

After waiting around after a dinner of the same gruel they always gave you, you stealthed back to Peter's room. You slept in there more than you did in your own room. You always blushed when you thought about the connection you two had. You were like a pair, a...relationship?

No. Terms like that weren't used in a place like this. Maybe once you two had escaped. But you had been heartbroken before....

As you went out on your morning walk, a strange distant chant caught your attention. Curiously you made your way towards the noise that began growing louder. Making your way past the church doors you saw the entire town gathered together listening to none other than your child sweetheart, Jason.

Jason was your everything growing up. Ever since you were toddlers you bathed, played and grew together. You knew everything about each other. You loved him. But times have changed, ever since you were sat down at the young age of 14 and told that Jason was your cousin and if you carried on trying to seduce him you'd be sent off to a religious rehab. Your mother had told you that you knew ever since you were young but you'd convinced yourself it was a lie.

Jason caught your eye and you saw him clench his fists. The old you would have shown some of your bare skin (ideally your elbow) in an attempt to seduce him, but Jason shut you out. His virile member hardened, and everyone in the church thought 'is he getting a hard on whilst talking about God?" He carried on speaking, blissfully unaware of the sausage party happening in his trousers. You bit your lip in defeat and ran out, falling over a toddler and his mother on the way. You looked back at the kid and shouted "WHAT THE HELL MAN?!" But the toddler only cried in response. You picked yourself up (like you always do) and continued on your morning stroll.

You shut the memory out. You opened the door, looking both ways in the hallway to make sure no one was around.

Peter met you at the door, a slight curve to his mouth. "Sit down, Y/N," he said, nodding to the bed where you two had kissed less than 48 hours ago. You wanted to do it again suddenly, forgetting you plans for Brenner. You made eye contact, blushing at being caught.

Just because he was capable of making you feel...things, it didn't mean that you trusted him. After your parents' betrayal, you found yourself more closed off than ever, but a small part of you wanted to blindly trust him. His kindness made you feel guilt every time you questioned him.

He noticed the flush on your face and smirked slightly. "It's a little late to get shy now, isn't it?" He said softly, mocking you innocently. It was so hard to argue with that face.

"Quiet," you said, embarrassed that you had been caught, rolling your eyes. "So then, how are we going to make Brenner sorry?"

His lips curved into a mischievous smile...

——————————————————————

Standing outside Brenner's office, adrenaline rushing through your body, you were almost jumping with anticipation as Peter opened the door with a keycard.

You didn't want to know what he had to do to get that.

The security cameras were switched off for fifteen minutes. Leaving you to destroy Brenner's office.

The door opened with a high pitched beep and you stepped inside. It was basic, as you had imagined it. A metal desk, a basic bookcase with tapes on it instead of books, a filing cabinet, and documents. Lots of important documents. All lit by a harsh fluorescent light, making the white tiled walls shine.

Immediately stalking to the desk, you rifled through. "I wonder what documents he even...keeps," you said, your words stopping as you came across the familiar signatures of your parents. You swallowed, a lump forming in your throat. You wouldn't cry over them.