𝟑 | 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"You can't just buy me a guitar every time you screw up, you know."

The lights from the TV illuminate Sarah's dark room. Kat Stratford and Patrick Verona continue to kiss as the camera moves farther and farther away. 10 Things I Hate About You is my favorite movie, and Sarah's too, so we decided to watch it once we got home.

I turn the TV off and look over to find Sarah fast asleep. She's been like this since Michael drove his bike off of the mountain at the beginning of the movie.

Before I can fall asleep, too, I can't ignore the urge that I have to drink water. It's weird, I know, but I can't go to bed without a cup of water near me, and I forgot to ask Sarah. Should I suffer up here in Sarah's room, or risk going downstairs? She showed me around whenever I came over earlier today, so I think I know where to go.

I hesitate for a moment, before I reluctantly decide to tip-toe my way to the kitchen.

I make all the correct turns through her unnecessarily massive house, and eventually find my way to the dark kitchen. My hand follows the wall for a light switch, and once I find it, I flip the light on. But then I freeze.

Rafe looks up at me from his bowl of cereal. He's sitting at the counter, squinting his eyes to try and see who's standing in the kitchen. He smiles once he notices it's me.

"Sorry." I flip the lights back off, leaving the room dark again.

"Are you following me, Jules?" I see his smirk in the moonlight as he gets up from his seat.

"I'm just spending the night with Sarah."

"Well, then, I think you might be lost, because this isn't her room. Unless there's someone— I mean, something else you're looking for?" he grins.

Butterflies fill my stomach, but I try to suppress them. "I just came down here for some water, actually." I lightly smile.

After hearing my words, he walks toward the cabinet and grabs a small glass for me. He sets it on the counter and walks over to clean up his empty cereal bowl.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

I turn toward the sink located on the island in the middle of the kitchen and start to fill up the glass. An arm from behind me reaches out to hold onto the space of counter to my left, and the other arm does the same on my right, leaving me trapped against the counter. After turning around hesitantly, I see Rafe about three inches away from my face, looking down at me. He's well over six feet tall and smells annoyingly good.

"Are you sure that you didn't come down here to, I don't know.. continue what we started earlier?" he says in an intimidating yet attractive voice.

I can feel my heartbeat dramatically rising. Even though I saw his sweet side earlier, I almost forgot how confident and direct he is.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about." I say in an obviously sarcastic way.

"Oh, you don't?" Rafe jokes back.

"No, I'm not really sure what you're—"

"Do you need me to jog your memory?" He looks down into my eyes.

My smile disappears as I realize his bluntness. "Do you want to jog my memory?"

He moves his hands onto my lower back, sending chills down my spine. "I wanna jog your memory." he whispers quietly.

His gaze falls to my lips as he pulls my body slightly closer to him. He then kisses me slowly, which immediately shoots a wave of adrenaline through my body that I hope he doesn't notice. I pull back and start to breathe heavier, before moving my hands to his neck and going back in. I feel him smile again as he kisses me more.