𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
rafe's point of view

I start to throw John B's belongings into a duffle bag, not caring to give anything back to him.

"What are you doing?" Wheezie asks as she sits down on the guest bed.

"Tossing this crap."

"That's John B's." she protests.

"Yeah, well, I don't think he's gonna be by anytime soon to pick it up, so..." I shrug.

"Why?"

I look up at her. "Did you say why?"

She nods her head.

"They didn't tell you?"

"Nobody tells me anything." she says.

I run my fingers through my hair. "Um, so..." I take a deep breath in. "John B killed Sheriff Peterkin."

She stares at me before laughing. "What?"

"I'm not joking, like, this isn't a game." I throw a shirt on the ground and stare into her eyes. "Look at me. I saw with my own two eyes, all right? He shot her. And then you know what he did? He tried to shoot Dad, but I stepped in and I stopped him. I saved his life."

"Why would John B wanna kill Dad?" she asks.

"He thinks Dad killed his father."

She widens her eyes. "He wants vengeance."

I zip up the duffle bag and begin to walk out of the room. "I'm telling you, he's a maniac." I pause. "And Sarah has been hanging out with him."

✧ ˚  ·    .

That night, I take the truck out to the neighborhoods and help search for John B. I have to look innocent, right?

I eventually find a ton of police cars parked outside of Kelce's house, so I park next to them and get out of the truck. I begin to walk closer to the scene when a random woman stops me.

"Hey." she says, pointing toward Kelce's house. "I think they've got him trapped in this house."

Her daughter looks at me. "It's John B. It's John B Routledge."

"Yeah?" I mumble quietly before walking closer. Sheriff Shoupe and the other officers look like they're about to go inside. "Remember the fallen, Sheriff!" I shout.

A bystander looks at me. "Yeah, that's right! Kill the son of a bitch!"

After the police are inside the house for a few minutes, they run back out and start yelling. "He went out the back!" Shoupe shouts. "I want three deputies to hit the backyard, now!"

"We'll get him for you, Sheriff!" I yell.

"The suspect is unarmed, alright?" Shoupe continues.

I begin to gather random people and encourage them to help look. "Let's get him."

Kelce runs over to me and we start to walk down the sidewalk. "Gotta protect the homeland." I say, looking between cars in the darkness.

"Hell yeah." Kelce nods.

"Where you at, John B!" I taunt as we arrive at a truck. "Kelce, check the other side."

"Got it." He walks to the other side and looks under the car only to find nothing.

Suddenly, a car alarm sets off and begins to blare. I turn around in confusion before checking through the window of the truck one last time. "Shit." I look up at Kelce. "You see him that way? No?"