𝟖 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐟 𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Rafe drives me to the Chateau on his dirt-bike again, giving me the helmet, just like last time. He surprisingly remembers the directions from the one other time he went, and I barely have to point to where to go.

At almost exactly 10:00, Rafe pulls into the front yard and turns off the dirt-bike. He steps off of it and lifts me off of the bike. He unclasps my helmet, pulls it off my head, and looks at me for a moment.

"Text me if anything goes wrong, okay?" he says.

"I know." I kiss him on the cheek. "Bring two helmets next time. It's not safe for you to not have one."

"Okay." He laughs and kisses me. "Bye, Jules."

"Bye, Rafe." I walk toward the house and open the door. I can hear Rafe's dirt-bike speed off behind me as I walk through the hallway.

"Pulley and flashlight?" John B asks, searching through a bag.

"Check." Kie says.

"Double check." Pope adds in.

JJ looks at me. "There she is." He reaches out his arms.

"Juli!" Sarah says.

"Check!" I say and hug JJ.

"We got our girl back for the night. I never thought this moment would come." JJ says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes. "We ready?"

"Yep." Kie says.

"Let's roll." John B says.

We all pack into the Twinkie and make our way to Mrs. Crain's house to hopefully find the gold. Pope sits in the passenger seat to give John B instructions, so he has aux. It's definitely different from the reggae music JJ plays, since he is usually the one in the passenger seat.

I can barely see the Crain house through the darkness by the time we arrive.

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ says as we all begin to climb out of the van and grab our supplies.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water." Pope says.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ says.

"Wheat. I said wheat." Pope over enunciates his words to clarify.

We climb over the fence and stand in front of the house. After a few seconds, the motion sensor lights turn on.

"Shit!" Kie yells as we all run and crouch by a bush. "Flashlights."

We follow her lead and turn on our own lights.

"Okay." Pope nods. "So she has motion sensor lights."

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ proposes.

"That's not even how that works." I say.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch." Sarah chimes in. "We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids, and if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."

"No, no." John B says." You're not going in the house alone."

"I'll go with her." I say.

"Me too." Kie adds.

"Guys, Crain chops people into pieces." JJ says. He's convinced that she's an axe murderer.

"She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah insists.

Pope sighs. "Okay, we'll wait for your signal."

Sarah, Kie, and I make our way up to the back porch and climb the stairs slowly.