𝟗 | 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
juliet's point of view

"Hey, he's back." Kelce says, unlocking the car.

I open my eyes to see Rafe through the window above me.

He opens the door and helps me sit up. "Are you good?" He turns to Kelce. "Is she good?"

"Yeah, I mean she slept the whole time." Kelce shrugs.

Rafe slowly turns my head and checks my wound. "Does it feel any better? With the meds?"

"It doesn't sting anymore." I say.

"Okay, that's good." He rubs his thumb back and forth across my leg. "We're gonna go to the place I'm staying at, okay?"

"Where are you staying at?" I ask.

"The Glissons' house. They're gone all summer, and my parents are friends with them anyway."

"Okay." I nod.

✧ ˚  ·    .

Rafe picks me up out of the car before throwing Kelce's keys back to him. "Thanks for taking the dirt-bike."

"Sure." he says, opening his car door again. "I hope she feels better."

"Me too." Rafe half-smiles as he opens the front door and leads me to the guest bedroom.

As he sets me down on the bed, I notice that he already has some of his things sprawled around the room.

"You can wear some of my clothes." he says, pointing to a bag laying on the bed.

"Okay." I say softly and reach for the bag, picking one of his t-shirts along with a pair of boxers.

I stand up and start to limp toward the bathroom to change.

"Woah, woah. Are you sure you can walk?" He reaches his arms out for me to hold onto.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer and continue slowly making my way to the bathroom.

As I remove my dirt and blood stained clothes, I glance at myself in the mirror. I take a deep breath in as I analyze the marks I have on me that I couldn't previously see underneath the clothes. I've never seen myself like this before. It almost doesn't even look like me.

I throw on Rafe's t-shirt and boxers and walk back into the room. It looks like he also changed into comfier clothes.

Noticing the look on my face, Rafe gives me a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

"I haven't really seen the marks fully until now. That's all." I say as I point toward my body. I suddenly feel a tear fall down my cheek, but I wipe it away quickly. Since when was I such a baby? I shouldn't be throwing all of this on Rafe.

"It's okay." He gently pulls me into a long hug. It's almost as if he could hear my thoughts.

While in his embrace, I think about everything that took place today. I can't believe something like this would happen to me. Nothing crazy ever happens to me. To make matters worse, I feel like it's going to be weird with my friends now. I don't even feel safe with them anymore, even though they didn't do anything wrong.

Rafe pulls away from the hug and looks at me. "You need sleep, baby." he says quietly.

I nod and make my way to the bed, with Rafe following close behind me. We climb under the covers before he wraps me up in his arms.

After a moment of laying like this, I decide to ask him what I've been wondering this entire time. "Is he your friend? That guy?"

"He's not my friend." Rafe replies immediately.