𝟒 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After getting tired of surfing, we all decide to go back to the Chateau and crash for the night.

"Night, night!" John B turns the light off and walks into his room to go to bed.

"Night." JJ yawns, clearly half asleep.

"Goodnight." Pope and I say.

"Sweet dreams!!" Kie replies.

Kie always sleeps in the guest bed, and Pope on his favorite reclining chair. Me and JJ take the pullout couch together, like usual. Would Rafe be mad if he knew that?

It's in less of a romantic way and in more of a Dawson's Creek kind of way. It started like that because John B would sleep in his room, and Big John would sleep in what is now the guest room, so JJ and I would have no other choice but to share the pullout couch. Now it's just a familiar routine.

I don't think Rafe would care if he knew that JJ and I have only ever been friends, and it will always stay that way.

As much as I try to get rid of it, an old memory persistently burns into my brain.

"I think it's about time you get some practice, personally."

"What do you mean, JJ?"

"Well, you're moving to Figure Eight in a couple months, so I feel like you should know how to kiss before you get there."

"How do you know I've never had my first kiss before?"

"Because you would've told me." He eyed me suspiciously. "Have you?"

"Well, I mean. No."

"See? Imagine you kiss a Kook boy and have absolutely no idea what you're doing."

"Oh my god, JJ, gross. I'm never gonna kiss a Kook boy."

"Well, whoever it is... you need practice. Here, come sit next to me."

"No way we're doing this right now."

"I'll walk you through the basics. First, a short kiss. Just follow my lead and do what I do, you know... since it's your first one ever."

"Phew, okay." I take a deep breath in.

JJ leaned toward me and placed his lips on mine for a few seconds, and then pulled away. "See, you did it! How was it?"

"Are you asking me to say how good of a kisser you are?"

He laughed. "Did I live up to the hype?"

I shoved him and rolled my eyes.

"Now that you've got the basics down, I'll show you more advanced options. This is definitely what the Kook boys will opt for."

"That's disgusting."

He laughed and continued to teach me.

"Welp, I think that's all I have for JJ school today. Do you think you're prepared for the Kook lifestyle?"

"Shut up, JJ. I'm not leaving you guys."

He paused and looked into my eyes.

"Promise, Juli?"

"Promise." I replied.

We connected our pinkies to prove our words.

"Speaking of promises..." JJ said. "Promise to never tell a soul about anything we just did?"