𝟏𝟎 | 𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
rafe's point of view

After ten minutes or so, I decide to slowly walk back onto the deck. I see Juliet curled into a ball inside of the blanket, facing away from me.

"Jules." I say, standing still.

She shifts farther away from me, choosing to stay silent.

I sit down next to her. "Hey."

She sniffles but doesn't speak.

"Are you okay?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

She sits up and stares into the night sky, avoiding eye contact. "I'm fine." she says with a puffy, tear-stained face.

"Don't lie to me. You're not fine."

"Yeah, and why the hell do you think that would be?" She finally looks at me.

"I'm sorry that I don't want you having sleepovers with a guy you've made out with before." I say bluntly, immediately regretting my words.

She sighs and runs her hands through her hair. "If you came over here to argue, I'm not doing that shit again."

I take a deep breath in and clench my jaw. "I'm jealous of him, alright? Of you and him, your relationship together. I was already annoyed with him before you told me that you kissed him."

"He kissed me." she corrects.

"Whatever it was." I laugh in a stressed way. "Listen, ever since I met you, you've been driving me crazy. I've never been like this before, I mean... it makes me insane when a guy looks at you. Something inside of me physically can't take it."

Through the moonlight, I can see a small smirk appear on her face. "I drive you crazy?"

"Hell yeah." My demeanor changes as I notice the mood shifting.

"Is that why you're posting me on your story? So people know we're together?" she grins.

"Could be." I smirk.

"Well, then... I guess I should probably post something, too."

"I guess you should."

She holds out her phone and smiles while I kiss just below her jawline. Even when she starts to try and post it, I pepper her neck with kisses.

"Done." she announces through laughter.

I open my phone to view her story. It's a dimly lit picture of the two of us, but there's just enough light to where you can tell it's me.

I set my phone down and take hers out of her hand to set down, too. I tuck her hair behind her ear before kissing her sweetly. "We should probably head back soon."

"Yeah, yeah." She nods. "Okay."

✧ ˚  ·    .

As we pull into the dock at Tanneyhill, I notice a figure standing on the dock, waiting. My father.

Chills shoot through my spine at the sight of him as I hold my breath. I've never been this scared of my father. Not until three days ago.

"I swear I learned my lesson, okay?" I turned to my dad in the driver's seat.

He undid his seatbelt and opened the door. "Stay in the car." he demanded firmly.

Earlier that day, I had tried taking some of my dad's nice watches in order to pay for drug money, but he caught me, and decided to drive me to Barry's to pay him. Why he wouldn't let me out of the car, I wasn't sure.