𝟓 | 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

My little brother stands in my doorway with his jaw practically on the floor.

"What are you doing home already?" I ask as I rush to get up. I grab my brothers hand and pull him inside of my room, closing the door behind him and locking it.

"Who is this and why are you kissing him in your room?" He stares at Rafe fearfully. "I thought you were sick!"

"Theo, this is Rafe. Rafe, Theo."

Rafe awkwardly waves at him and looks around the room to pretend like nothing happened.

"Is he the guy from the table at the rehearsal?" Theo asks. "Is this why you left?"

"Yes, it's him, and not really. We were just gonna go night surfing, that's all."

"It doesn't look like that's all you're doing—" he says until I cover his mouth with my hand.

"Can you please cover for me tonight? I'm just gonna teach Rafe how to surf at the beach. I'll be back home in a little bit, okay?"

"Only if you stop being weird." Theo sighs. "What do you need me to do?"

"I'm gonna put some pillows under my covers so it looks like it's me. All you have to do is go out there and tell mom and dad I already fell asleep. Keep the lights off, too." I look straight at Theo. "Deal?"

"Deal, but you owe me!" he says before shaking on it.

"Goodnight, Theo." I mess up his hair and send him out of my room.

"Damn." Rafe laughs.

"I'm just glad it wasn't my parents." I start to fix the pillows on my bed to make it look like a body underneath the covers, and Rafe helps me. Once we're done, I pick up his swimsuit off the ground and throw it at him. "Let's change and get out of here."

I search through my drawers for something to wear. I grab a yellow and blue triangle bikini, along with a matching sweatshirt and sweatshort set, and change into it in the bathroom. I quickly remove my makeup and take care of everything else on me that's too fancy for the beach.

"Ready?" Rafe asks as I close the bathroom door.

"Mmm-hm." I smile before opening the window. "We should go out this way."

"Juliet Moreno sneaking out of her house. I think I've rubbed off on you." he teases.

"Shut up." I whisper as I start to drag him out of the window behind me.

✧ ˚  ·    .

Once we arrive, I lay out the blanket I brought and throw my bag on it. I take off my shorts and my sweatshirt before I notice Rafe staring.

"Do I have to turn around this time?" he laughs lightly.

"Come on, Rafe. I barely even knew you last time." I throw my shorts at him. "But no, you don't have to anymore."

"Thank god." he groans before standing up from his spot on the blanket. "I like looking at you."

I quickly kiss him. "Let's go surf."

For the next hour, I teach him the basics of surfing, like how to stand on the board, have good balance, things like that. There are barely any waves today, so it's all I can really show him. He eventually catches on, so we both stand on our own boards as I try to test his balance. I nudge his shoulder to see if he will fall, and he does the same to me. After I continuously win every round, he eventually nudges me hard enough to make me fall off my board and into the water.