𝟕 | 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

We spend the next few hours making a plan at the Wreck, and then eventually searching this old lady's house for the gold. Thanks to Pope, we discovered a deep well underneath the home that most likely carries the gold. After heading back to the Chateau, John B left to get Sarah and eventually brought her to the Chateau to join us.

"No effing way! You brought her here, so what, she's in on this now?" Kie asks.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ shrugs as he sits on the couch next to Pope.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A pogue thing." she argues, propping herself up against the screen door.

"Kie, I don't understand why you can't just be open-minded." I interject. "Sarah's not actually the bitch that you claim she is."

Kiara looks like she was just stabbed in the back. "Huh?" she yells. "Since when are you siding with Barbie?"

"Since I actually got to know her at all the Kooky stuff my mom's been making me do."

"Bullshit." Kie says. "You know, other than Juli, I think we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." she says, turning her attention back to John B.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here." Sarah furrows her eyebrows, finally speaking up.

"Then leave." Kie replies.

Sarah scoffs before looking to John B. "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie asks.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch, Kiara." Sarah looks up at her with a glare.

Pope and JJ start to place bets while watching all of this go down. I get up and sit next to them in an attempt to avoid whatever is going on with Sarah and Kie.

"Everybody shut up!" John B finally yells amidst the arguing. "Kie, you're my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're my..." his voice fades out in hesitation.

"Say it." Sarah says quietly.

"You're my girlfriend." John B admits.

I can't help but smile. Even though everyone else is pissed, I've been Sarah and John B's number one fan since Sarah told me about it.

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kie crosses her arms. "What was all that talk about you were 'just using her for information, get a map, cut her loose'?"

"You said you were using me?" Sarah turns to John B.

"No." he shakes his head.

We all chime in with different variations of 'yeah, you did.'

"Look, love just walked in, okay? I didn't expect it. It just... it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it." He looks at the group before focusing on me. "You understand, Juli."

"Yeah." I nod, slightly embarrassed.

"Okay, Juli has no fuckin' room to talk." JJ objects.

Kiara soon makes John B decide who he's going to choose. Her or Sarah.

"Both." he shrugs.

With that, Kiara walks out and leaves.

"It'll be cool, right?" Sarah says, as if she's mocking something John B said earlier. She walks into the front yard, grabs her bike, and makes her way home.

"I guess that's my cue." I gather my things and start the short walk to my dad's surf shop.

✧ ˚  ·    .