part 4

It was the next day, you woke up and heard, "004 and 001 it's time to wake up. Both of you meet me in the rainbow room."

You got out of bed and went to the bathroom to change and take a shower. Once that was done you made your way to the rainbow room. You opened the doors and walked in.

"Y/n." Peter said. "Good morning. You look a little tired."

"So what if I'm tired."

"Sleepyhead."

"Escuse me."

The doors opened and Dr Brenner walked in.

"Good morning, Y/n you are to stay in the rainbow room for the whole day. Do whatever to make the children happy. Peter you are to stay in the rainbow room for half the day, then you can help me with the lessons."

"Morning or afternoon?" Peter asked.

"You are to be in the rainbow room in the morning and in the afternoon you are to be with me. OK, so the children are to be awake in an hour so chit chat or whatever."

Dr Brenner walked out the room, leaving you and Peter alone.

There was a minute of silence and then Peter spoke up, "So, have you thought about what I said."

"No. And I probably never will."

"Too bad. We could've made a brilliant team."

"And murder a bunch of innocent children."

"Innocent? These children are anything but innocent."

"Well.... some of them are."

"Some?"

"OK. Maybe they aren't as innocent as I'd like. But killing them?"

"What else would we do."

"Stop using we. I haven't agreed to anything. Well... not yet anyway."

"So you'll think about it?"

"Maybe... no, yes, no."

"Just one simple word, love."

"Maybe. Don't call me that."

"Why not? Look at your face all flustered, I'm honored."

"Shut up!" And with that you walked to the drawing table. You looked at your watch and it said 6:00.

"What time did I wake up?" You thought. "And when do the kids wake up?"

You picked up a pencil and started drawing.

■-•

30 minutes passed of silence and you were done with your drawing. You looked at it, and once again you drew him, but with blood smeared all over his face.

"That's kinda hot though." You thought. "No don't think like that Y/n." You folded the paper and placed it in your trousers/skirts pocket.

You looked up and glanced around the room, you saw Peter sat on the floor staring into space and then he looked up and looked at you smiling. You gave him a small smile in return and decided to go and talk to him, only to pass time of course.

You stood up and walked towards him. Once you stood next to him you sat down. "Hi." Was all you said.

"Hi." He answered back. "Did you think abou..."

"No." You simply said, already knowing what he was going to say. "We talked about this 30 minutes ago remember?!"

"Of course I remember. You got all flustered."

"No I didn't. I was just hot, that's all."

"Keep making up excuses, darling, I know the truth."

"Whatever."

There was silence again, until you spoke up.

"So what's your favourite animal?" You asked.

"Spiders, specifically Black Widows. Why?"

"Wondering."

"What's yours?"

"Y/f/a."

"They're cool too, I guess."

"I guess? How can you not like Y/f/a's?"

"I never said I disliked them." He laughed.

"Whatever. What did you do when you were younger?"

"Killed bunnies." He said like it's the most normal thing to say.

"What!?"

"You heard me."

"Why kill them?"

"To get stronger. What did you do to get stronger before you were here?"

"Cleaned my room, lifted my younger brother in the air, all normal things. My mother hated me though."

"Oh, I killed mine."

"You can stop sharing info now."

"You asked. Just saying."

"About your childhood not your mother."

"That was in my childhood."

"OK talk about something else, nothing to do with murdering people or creatures."

"OK. I had a favourite stuffed bear, his name was Mr Cuddles."

"How cute."

"My mother gave him to me when I was  five."

"I had a stuffed a/t, their name was t/n."

"My favourite colour is red."

"I figured. The whole murdering stuff gave it away."

"Right. What's yours?"

"Y/f/c."

"That's a nice colour too." Peter said and looked at his watch. "We've got 15 minutes until the children enter this room."

"OK."

You and Peter looked at each others eyes. "You have nice eyes." Peter told you.

"Thanks."

"So did you have a pet?" Peter asks.

"No. My mother wouldn't allow it."

"I didn't either, but I did train a bunch of black widows."

"Nice?"

"I know, not the most normal thing for a 10 year old to do."

"You were 10? Wow that's impressive."

"I know." Peter said with a smug look.

The two of you sat in silence for 10 minutes.

"3 minutes left better go to the other side." You said after looking at your watch. Peter nodded and you both stood up, you walked to the other side of the room and stood next to the drawing table."

"Wake up, children." Dr Brenner said from the speakers in the room.

Not even 8 minutes later, children started walking into the room and doing whatever stuff to enjoy themselves. Eleven walked in and immediately saw you, she walked towards you and eventually ran to meet you. Once she got to you she gave you a hug.

"Did someone miss me?" You said and Eleven shook her head in denial.

"Play." Eleven said.

"Sure. What do you want to play?"

Eleven pointed to a game on Peters side. You sighed and silently agreed with Eleven. She walked to the game and you followed her. She sat down and waited for you to sit down. You looked at Peter, after sitting down, and Peter looked at you, he winked at you and you quickly looked away and started playing the game Eleven chose.