Part 6

Peter patted his bed and you walked closer and sat on his bed. Peter looked at you and you looked at him.

"I'm glad you said yes, I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't part of my plan." Peter said. "Right, OK. Here's the plan, there's a pipe that leads to outside the lab. The pipe is wide and tall enough for Eleven to crawl through. But before she crawls through it she'll use her power to get these out of our neck's." Peter pointing to the chip on your neck.

"What do I do?" You ask.

"Follow what I do. Eleven trusts you she'll do whatever you do."

■-•

Peter told you his plan and although at first you found it revolting that eventually you'd have to kill kids but you thought about it and you know that they're kids but they did treat Eleven horribly so you were quite, how do I put this, excited.

You were still in Peters room and the two of you somehow managed to sit closer together. You were drawing and Peter was colouring your finished pictures.

"You're an amazing artist." Peter said and looked up from colouring and looked at you.

"Really! Thanks." You said still drawing not looking at Peter.

Peter placed two fingers under your chin and made you look at him.

"I mean it. Last year I always wanted to know what you drawn but I never found out because you always kept them to yourself. But now I'm colouring them in."

"You always wanted to know? Why didn't you come talk to me then?"

"I.... I don't know."

You made eye contact with Peter and you noticed he looked at your lips for brief second and then looked at your eyes.

"You have beautiful eyes, it's a nice shade of e/c." Peter said.

"Thank you."

Peter placed his right hand on your thigh and the two of you were slowly leaning in without knowing you were. Before you knew it Peters lips were on yours and you placed your hand on his shoe. Peter placed his other hand on your neck. The kiss lasted five seconds but to the two of you it was like it lasted forever.

You looked at him and he was about to say something but before he could you shut him up by crashing your lips against his. Peter leaned forward pushing you down on the bed. The two of you continued in this position for a couple of seconds and then pulled away from each other. Peter sat up as well as you.

"I... Well that wasn't planned. But... I did enjoy it." Peter said looking at you.

"I did too." You said and the two of you smiled at each other like idiots. "You like my drawings right? Well over the past week I've been drawing you for no reason at all, but now I think I know why."

"Why?"

"I think I have these feelings about you. Mixed feelings. Like, I don't know if I want to be your friend or something else."

"I think what we did a moment ago answers that." Peter said and you laughed.

"Yeah I guess it does. Hold on, we were just discussing about possibly murdering children and then we kissed. That's completely normal." You said and made a nervous laugh.

"I guess we did." Peter said and smiled.

"That's not normal. Although we're not normal, but still that's not normal." You said and started rambling.

"Can I see the drawings?"

"What?" You said.

"Can I see the drawings?"

"Of you?"

"Yeah."

"OK." You said and pulled two pieces of paper from your right pocket. "It's not all of them but they're my favourite ones so far." You handed Peter your drawings of him and he took them and looked at them.

"I look amazing." Peter said and gave you a smug look.

You looked at your watch and noticed that there is only 5 minutes left of your break.

"Five minutes left Peter." You said and Peter looked up at you.

"Hmm?"

"Five minutes left."

"Oh." Peter stood up quickly and walked to the door you followed behind him. Peter opened the door and let you go out first. Once Peter was out the room he put the pictures of himself in his pocket.

"Hey!" You said.

"I want to keep them."

"Fine, I have more anyway."

■-•

The next day you and Peter made your way to the rainbow room. Peter closed the door and you both made your way to the rainbow room. You opened the doors of the rainbow room and walked in, you noticed Eleven was playing by herself and you walked towards her, you didn't notice that Peter followed you.

"Eleven! How's your morning been so far?" You asked her.

"Um.. OK I guess."

You sat next to her on her right. You looked at what she was playing and the wooden circle landed in number five, Eleven sighed and picked another circle and placed it at the top. This time it landed in four, Eleven sighed in frustration.

"Which number are you aiming for?" Peter said behind Eleven and you. You and Eleven turned around and you smiled. Eleven looked back at the game.

"Three." Eleven said and Peter walked closer and sat beside Eleven.

"You know, sometimes it's helpful to take a step away for a moment. Let the mind clear." Peter said and Elven gave the game another try, this time it landed in six. "Determined, aren't we? You know... you remind me of someone. Someone I used to know really well. Can you guess who that is?" Peter took one of the wooden chips from Eleven and placed it in number one, this action caused you to smirk.

"One?" Eleven said and Peter nodded. "Papa said that he doesn't--"

"Exist? I know."

There was a noise from the camera in the corner and the three of you looked at it.

"But can I tell you a secret?" Peter whispered. "Sometimes, Papa doesn't tell the truth. I spent years with One. Right here. In this very room."

"Where is he?" Eleven asked.

"Maybe we'll save that story for another day. It doesn't have a happy ending, I'm afraid. But he was a lot like you. Everything was hard for him. Then, out of nowhere, he walked in here and it was like something had changed. And I asked him what's different, and he said... he said he had figured it out. He had found his strength in a memory from his past. Something that had made him sad. But also angry. Do you maybe have a memory like that?" Peter said and you caught on, on what he was trying to do.

"Do you remember the day a strange women came to see you? This would've been when Eight was still here. The women, she was calling a name to you. That was your mother." You said and Eleven looked at you.

"Mama is dead. She died making me."

"And who told you that?"

"Papa." There was silence for a moment.  "Who doesn't always tell the truth."

"This place... and the people here... are not what you think." Peter said.