Part 8

After cuddling with Peter you went back to your room to sleep. The next day Dr Brenner lead the children to the same room as before, the room with gray tiles flooring and gray soft squares on the wall.

The children were once again lined against the wall, you stood on Dr Brenners left and Peter stood on his right.

"Good morning, children." Brenner said to the children.

"Good morning, Papa." The children responded.

You noticed Eleven was wearing a hospital gown and the other children were wearing the usual gray joggers and jumper.

You placed your hands behind your back and Brenner spoke again.

"Today's lesson is going to be about rules. Ah, for some of you, this may seem redundant." Brenner continued to speak, "for others, it appears a refresher is required. Eleven please step forward."

Eleven took two steps forward and looked at the ground.

"Last night, your sister Eleven suffered a concussion during her alone time in the rainbow room. Now, she claims to not have a memory of what happened. But injuries of this nature don't simply happen. Someone did this. Someone in this room. Now, who's going to tell me what happened?"

All of the children avoided making eye contact with Dr Brenner and all of them looked like they knew who hurt Eleven. You looked at them with disgust.

"She must've... fallen." Two spoke up and you you looked at him knowing exactly that he was the cause of Elevens injury.

"Fallen?" Dr Brenner questioned.

"You've seen her, Papa. She's clumsy. Stupid." Two said and the oldest children started to laugh quietly.

"Eleven, you may step back." Brenner said and Eleven did as she was asked. "Number Two, please step forward." Two stepped forward and Brenner spoke again. "Collar him."

The guard next to you gave you a collar and a remote, you walked towards Two. You opened the collar and placed it around Two's neck, you locked it and smirked at him. You gave Brenner the remote.

"Thank you." Brenner said and took the remote from you. You walked back to where you stood before. You looked at Peter after going back to your standing spot and Peter winked at you, you winked back. The guard next to you took Brenner jacket from him and Brenner went to stand infront of Two.

"You think because you drmonstrate some talent that you're somehow immune to the rules, is that it?" Brenner spoke.

"No, Papa." Two responded.

"That the rules don't apply to you in the same way that they apply to your brothers and sisters?"

"No, Papa."

"Then why did you attack Eleven?"

"Did she tell you that?" Two questioned.

"Are you asking the questions or am I? Did you attack Eleven?"

"If she told you that, then... then she's lying."

You saw Brenner do something on the remote and Two panicked.

"Papa, please, you have to believe me. Papa, please. She's lying--" Two shouted and Brenner pressed a button on the remote and Two groaned in pain. Two fell to the ground practically kneeling for Brenner.

"Now, shall we try again? What happened?" Brenner spoke after the collar stopped shocking Two with electricity.

"It was an accident." Two lied. Brenner pressed the button again and Two groaned in pain, this time Two laid on the floor in pain.

■-•

The children were now in the rainbow room, you stood next to the chess board  and Peter stood by the door. Eleven was playing with the wooden chips, you looked around and saw the oldest children staring at Eleven angrily. Peter must've noticed too because he started walking towards Eleven.

You looked at the two and saw Peter crouching down next to Eleven with a wooden chip in hand. You saw him speak and then Eleven nodded. They got up and walked towards the chess board. Eleven was the first to sit and Peter was second. Peter looked at you and winked and then he looked at the game in front of him.

Peter was the first to move the chess peice. You watched Eleven move one of her pieces two spaces forward and then Peter moved another peice.

"Try not to show any emotion as I speak, okay?" Peter said and looked at Eleven. "Just keep playing the game if you understand."

Eleven moved another peice. "Two is still in the infirmary recovering." Peter spoke again and moved another peice. "He's being watched now, but once he is released, he and the others are going to attempt to kill you. Right here, in this room. And Papa will allow it to happen. In fact, he wants it to happen. He's been planning it for some time now."

You looked at Eleven and saw that she was starting to panic.

"Stay calm. Focus on the game." Peter said and Eleven moved one of her pieces. "There's a reason why Two and the others were able to escape their room last night. Why the security cameras were turned off. Why Papa punished Two today. They don't even realise it, but he is moving them like pieces on this board here. Driving them to do exactly what he wants, which is..."

"Why?" Eleven questioned.

"You frighten him. He knows you are more powerful than the others. And he also knows he can't control you. That's all he wants. Control. I saw all this happening, and Y/n. That's why we wanted to help you, but we only made things worse."

"Helping me... made Papa hurt you." Eleven said and looked at Peter and then you, you smiled at her trying to tell her nothing happened to you.

"And it is why you must escape. Today. But they are watching us. Closely." Peter briefly looked at the camera and Eleven did the same. "If you want to make it out of here alive, you must do exactly as I say. Do you understand?"

"Why do you still help?"

"Because I believe in you. We believe in you." Peter said and looked at you for a second. "It is time you are free from this hell." Peter passed Eleven a key card from under the table.