Part 18

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy spoke. Steve parked the van near the trailer park and everyone had a change in clothes. "Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin explained.

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve spoke.

"Phase three?"

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin said.

"Four."

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and... flambé." Robin said shaking the bottle full of gasoline.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy spoke.

"Got it." Everyone said.

■-•

You, Nancy, Steve, Dustin, Eddie and Robin walked towards Eddie's trailer. Steve was the first in and he turned the light on.

"Be careful." Dustin spoke once he came into the trailer.

"Thanks, buddy." Steve said and put his hands on the sheet rope. "Here goes nothing." Steve climbed the rope and entered the Upside Down.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin muttered sarcastically.

Steve brought the mattress from the Upside down and placed it underneath the rope. "All right. Let's go."

You climbed the rope and entered the Upside down, Nancy was second, with the help of Robin, Eddie was next then Robin and finally Dustin.

Everyone existed the Upside Down trailer. "Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just--" Steve spoke.

"Decoys." Eddie and Dustin said at the same time.

"Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve." Dustin spoke.

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes." Eddie spoke and Steve started to walk away. "Hey, Steve. Make him pay." Steve stopped and nodded at Eddie.

You, Steve, Nancy and Robin made your way out of the trailer park.

■-•

You were now in the woods making your way to your house. Everyone had torches so they would be able to see.

"Uh... I don't mean to freak anyone out, but I swear we've seen this tree before." Robin spoke shining her light on a tree.

"That's impossible." You spoke.

"That would suck, right? If Vecna destroyed the world because... 'cause we got lost in the woods?"

"We're not lost, Robin." Nancy spoke and Robin chuckled. "Robin, hey." Robin started to walk away from the tree she was looking at. "Watch out for the vines! Hive mind. Remember?"

"Thank you!"

"Don't worry about her. She's just stressed." You heard Steve say from behind you. "You know, scared."

"Yeah. Yeah. I... I know. Its just..." Nancy said.

"She's a super klutz?"

"She did tell me that it took her longer to walk that most babies, so..."

"I really shouldn't laugh. When I was a baby, I actually crawled backwards."

"Crawled backwards?" You spoke turning around, now walking backwards.