027

'Zoo'

'I'd do anything to make you smile, bitch
Travel 'round the world and come back home and now my style switched'

~Jackman Thomas Harlow

6:00pm

Malaya straddles Vons lap as he lays back on the couch and exhales the smoke from his nostrils .

After he picked her up from Camille's apartment, they got some food and came back to his 2nd house to 'chill' as they always do .

Out of pure respect, she texted Herb and let him know her whereabouts , but being that he left her on seen just confirms that he's still angry about the situation. Maybe even more if he actually went to confront Von about it . Which Malaya hadn't thought about asking about until the weed hit her system.

"You talk to Herb ?" She asks Von lowly , mildly afraid of the answer .

Von didn't seem angery , or shaken up when he picked her up so she just assumed everything went smoothly . But knowing her brother ... she should've known better .

"Yea " Von nods and sighs .

He hasn't showed it , but herbs words made him come to somewhat of a realization of himself . Like a self reflection of some sort .

When Herb had that gun up to his head , yelling about how Von fucked his sister, it felt like Von was looking in a mirror having a conversation with his old self about this monster he's becoming .

Going behind his friend back to get at his sister , and going behind his brothers back to get at his girlfriend . He hadn't realized how deep it was until that very moment, but what's even worse is that he feels no remorse about any of it .

No guilt , no sorrow , no empathy ... just the pure joy that Malaya brings him and he's not apologizing for being happy to no one . He wished he could just throw her to the streets and get rid of all these unnecessary problems , but he can't . It's to late , he cares to much . And now that she's marked , she's his .

"How did it go ?" She asks barely being able to keep her eyes open . But being high is the only way she can have this conversation without crying all over the place about betraying everyone in her life . And she knows he doesn't want to hear that .

"Great " Von shrugs only to make her feel better about the situation. He didn't want to her to overthink about what Herb did because he knows it was just because hes mad . Herb would never shoot Von ... he thinks .