030

'Zoo'

'If these sorrows you've been sulkin'
You've just got to keep on strugglin'
That's the way it goes on love's train
If you are that special lover'

~Dru hill

July 30th , 20215:00pm

July 30th , 2021
5:00pm

As Malaya finishes the finalization of her outfit for the Hyde kickback , she glances at her phone a few times to check for notifications, only to see zero .

Her phone has been dry for the last few days , ever since she cut off Von and broke up with pooh , and to be honest she hadn't realize how much they sparked up her notifications until now .

She also didn't realize how much she liked pooh more than von until losing the both of them . The only reason her and Von grew so close was because They had one thing in common and that was pooh . But with pooh , he was honestly her bestfriend , and they vibed on a different level. Beyond Von or anyone else .

He's kind , sweet , and a great friend . Plus, he didn't cause her and Herb to fallout unlike Von who literally ruined their relationship and doesn't show any remorse . Shes finally realizing how much of a monster Von really is and all it took was a little bit of distance . She just wished she would've realized sooner .

This is the last weekend of summer , and also her last weekend in Chicago .

She promised camille she'd go with her to the hyde end of summer fest , but honestly all she wanted to do was cry .

She's lost and gained so much in the span of one summer and now it's about to be over . It seemed to go so slow in the moment of things , when in reality it flew by , and now that it's her last day in Chicago ... She realizes all the damages she's caused .

To Herb , Jayvon , herself , and most importantly her heart .

All she hopes is that she's learned a lesson from these experiences... of what NOT to do .

After saying her goodbyes to ari , Yosohn , and an unresponsive Herb , She walks out the door while drying her tears that uncontrollably fell while being ignored by her brother .

Ari said he would get over it quickly but Malaya knows he likes to hold grudges, she just never thought he could hold one with her , but she figured their relationship just isn't as important as she thought it was to him .

As she starts to walk towards the sidewalk , she notices someone sitting on the steps , and as she gets closer she realizes it's Jayvon .