Chapter 3 - Speaking is silver, silence is a curse

---Caitlin’s POV---

The trip to our new home was…slightly awkward. I could nearly see the tension waving through the air as the humans huddled to one side of the luxurious limousine while the vampires were on the other side. Well, I was somewhere in the middle, as Lilith was slowly tracing the faded outlines of the chain marks on my wrists.

The humans looked at me with something akin to awe while the vampires looked at me with emotions varying from shock, amusement to curiosity. Especially the father of the child; the wondering, curious look was etched on his beautifully sculpted face, along with the hidden emotions in his eyes.

Makes sense after what happened to the Moore family.

Even in our realm, what happened to the Moore’s was a subject worthy of an hour or four of talking. The way his soulmate had upped and left him, their century old relationship and their two year old daughter for a Demon-lord was unheard of. Especially the thought of a mate rejecting his or hers other half, it was simply impossible, or so they thought.

One of the elders had suggested that the demon might have put a spell on the woman. Gabriel had renounced the idea, saying that the bond between mates was well protected, especially with vampires. They didn’t just love and un-love in the blink of an eye. When a vampire loved someone, he or she loved him or her with their entire being. Mind, heart, body and soul.

My mind had come up with a theory of it’s own; Ethan’s Beloved had been someone who always stood in the center of attention. At early times, we had received her prayers to be bonded with the king or one of the princes. Instead, she was the Beloved of Ethan, who had part of the Royal blood flowing in him but no sights on the throne.

This theory became more plausible to me when word reached out about what happened and the name of the Demon was recovered: Asmodeus or Ash, like he calls himself. Hell’s prince of lust. I suspected that she had fallen for him on her own bidding and left her family for a higher status.

I could nearly see the walls that the man…Ethan, used to hide his true feelings, to protect his crumbled and broken heart behind. His actions made me want to shake my head; acting the way he did wouldn’t help a thing. Lilith was this way because her mother abandoned her and her father became a rock, barely any emotion there on the surface.

Big azure eyes looked up at me, slightly hidden behind strings of nearly white blond hair. I smiled at the child and noticed the twitch of her lip, as if she wanted to smile but found no reason to do so. A pressure surged through my head before I heard her voice inside it. “I like your voice. Talk some more please.”

Ethan was staring at his daughter, his features relaxing as if he was hoping that she would have bonded with me. I looked down at the child that was sitting down next to me and smiled slightly, placing one hand on my sore throat as I croaked, “I talk more, you live more. Deal?”

Lilith looked down at her feet with a small frown and I noticed her nibbling on her lip slightly before a wide smile ran over her face. “Deal.” She whispered, shocking the vampires so much that Grey dropped out of his seat with a pearly white face. Ethan wasn’t far behind, the way his mouth was hanging open before he managed to close it and hugged his daughter to his chest.