Chapter 12 - Unexpected visitor

---Lilith’s POV---

It was just like those nightmares I had earlier, when she had just left us. I always believed that mom would come back to us, that she made a mistake. Clearly she didn’t because I could see that she didn’t want to be here right now, though she was arrogantly intruding on our lives again.

My hands automatically tightened on dad’s legs, fearing that my- no, that this woman was going to take me away from him. She didn’t deserve to be called a mommy. She might be my mother through blood but she wasn’t a mommy.

Not anymore.

The necklace tingled against my skin as a calming sensation poured over my body, like a soft cotton was being drawn over my features. That combined with Dad placing his large hand on top of my head made me relax a little, knowing that we weren’t in this alone; Caitlin was here as well and I knew that she would protect us from whatever my mom had planned.

I started looking at her, really looking at the woman that was standing in the middle of the foyer, one hand arrogantly placed on her hip. Her blood red manicured nails stood in sharp contrast to the barely there black lace dress she was wearing. Her eyes were scanning the faces around her before she looked down at me with an ice-cold glare before her lip barely curled up in a devious smile.

“I would’ve thought that you would have jumped to the occasion of having me in your presence again Ethan but judging by how stiff you’re standing there, its quite the opposite.”

Dad scoffed, his hand keeping me safely behind him while he glared at his mate. “It wasn’t me that left this house, not looking back at your mate or your child! And for what Deidra? Why did you leave us?”

The woman sighed softly, shaking her head from side to side before she tilted it to the side, letting the silver-blonde curls obscure her face. “You wouldn’t understand even if I told you to. And why are we discussing this in front of your slaves? Let’s talk in private, shall we?”

Deidra didn’t wait for a response, instead she walked further into our home, shouldering past my new friends with a sneer on her face before she was standing nose to nose with Caitlin, who refused to budge. Deidra glared at her and I winched, whimpering softly while I clutched my dad’s leg even harder.

Caitlin had stepped in front of my mother when she had changed her direction towards me. And it seemed that now, she was the one my mother had targeted her anger on. She looked down at Caitlin past her nose, nostrils flaring in anger and disgust before she glared at my dad and me.

“Well, judging by this you weren’t so heartbroken after all. Replaced me already? By a mere, filthy human?” She screeched, head snapping back towards Caitlin as she slowly circled her.

I could feel the jealousy pouring of the woman in sickening waves, along with Caitlin’s apprehension, everyone’s confusion, distrust and anger, making me feel sick to my stomach.

The necklace shivered against my throat, letting me know that Caitlin was protecting me against this barrage of emotions, threatening to overwhelm me. The worst part was that I could feel my dad’s emotions being at war with his common sense.