Chapter 13 - Demons and their spawn

---Leviathan’s POV---

The drink burned its way through my throat as I tipped the glass all the way up, gulping the glass down without breathing. I sighed as the last drip slipped out of my glass before I promptly sat it down again, feeling nothing of the buzz it would provide to a human.

I had been this way ever since I met that woman…Caitlin. When we had ventured out to Dayomir, I hadn’t counted on feeling a pull towards one of the vampire mansions spread through its land. It had been as soon as we stepped out of the marshes that a familiar tingle had rushed down my spine.

“Ugh, being cursed with Envy…”I glared at the empty glass, annoyed that it didn’t help me by keeping my mind of those constantly returning thoughts. I knew the moment I laid eyes on her that she was special and I envied Ethan for having such a fine Angel specimen under his wing.

He didn’t seem to know it back then, but I imagined by now that she had revealed herself to them. She must still be there, since I still felt that overwhelming pull each waking moment of the day. It was temping me dangerously close to the point where I would simply breach Ethan’s defenses and steal her from his house.

I sat back in my seat, brushing a hand over my face before looking around my room. It was spacious, showing the world that I had enough wealth to last me several lifetimes over and over again.

A fissure of power spread through the room, making me tilt an eyebrow upwards as one of my brothers appeared in the center of the room. Mammon stood still and looked around, making me roll my eyes slightly as I conjured up another full glass and lifted my feet up to rest on the top of the bar.

He turned his head in my direction, the signature grin sliding over his face as he stepped further into the room, his boots thumping on the marble floors. “Levi, such a pleasure to see you again my brother.”

I merely stared at him over the edge of my glass before snorting as I took another sip, this time of a well-aged bottle of wine. “Cut the crap Mammon and stop acting like you’re here on my account. You know something don’t you?” I asked, though my question ended more on a statement.

Mammon tsked, shaking his head in a mocking way while his green eyes flared slightly, showing me that I was spot on. He moved closer and smirked, stealing my glass right from under my nose before he took a sip whilst casually walking around as if he owned the place.

“I might have heard something, yes…” he stated slowly, raising an eyebrow as I glared at him before flicking my wrist, conjuring a second glass for myself and sipped from it as well. Mammon chuckled and sat down on a seat, throwing his legs over the side while he shook his black hair out, playing with the wine in the glass.

“Well, if one of your demons didn’t speak out, I suspect our brothers wouldn’t know about a pure angel living so close to home. Most of them are foaming, chomping at the bit to catch her.” Mammon shot me a look over his glass before his green eyes darted towards the fireplace, where another form appeared out of nothing.

“Don’t they understand that you’ve already lost one of your demons? What are they gonna do? Ask her to politely come to the deepest circles of hell?” The man in the seat asked, his brown hair disheveled and the telltale signs of a growing beard contrasting sharply with his tanned skin.