004

Aether

Class ended five minutes ago, but I didn't leave the classroom yet since it's my turn to clean the room today while the other cleaners have bailed on me and left.

Venti insisted on helping me, but he had a meeting to attend since he is the president of the music club, while Xi had a novel to finish and also went on a date with his boyfriend.

So, it's just me, the broom, and Xiao.

He chose to stay and help me clean, even though he had basketball practice today. He made my heart skip a beat and fell on him harder.

As long as he is by my side, it's even okay for me to clean the whole school and become a janitor for one day.

In fact, the atmosphere felt so romantic since it's just the two of us alone in the classroom, and the thought of it makes me want to flirt with him.

My sister bought me a magazine last week about steps to flirt with your crush, and this is the moment to test my skill.

Step 1: Make eye contact and smile.

Obviously, it was impossible for him to make eye contact with me since his attention was focused on the scribbles written on the whiteboard as he wiped them.

"Xiao." He turned his head around me and met my eyes.

"Yes?" He responded.

I decided to flutter my eyelashes and form a sweet smile, but he had no reaction to it, which was a let down.

Step 2: Compliment him.

"You look natural when you clean." It was a bad move because he got awkward about my compliment.

He blinked his eyes twice and scratched his nape as he thanked me.

Step 3: Use body language.

My plan was to tuck my hair behind my ears because some boys find them attractive, but my crush seemed to not bother and had no reaction.

Step 4: Tell a joke.

"Do you know why bananas wear sunscreen?" He paused for a second to think and shook his head.

"No, why?"

"Because they peel." A soldier is down. I repeat, a soldier is down. Abort the mission. Abort the mission.

"Cool." He said and continued to wipe the board.

Can someone lend me a shovel for me to dig my grave? It was not my intention to make the joke lame and corny, but my mind could not think otherwise. At least he was cool with it.

Step 5: End of conversation.

My overall performance is equivalent to 0, and it made me sigh when he did not even have one reaction, which means my skill was not impressive and it upset me.

But, my mood was lifted when he looked irritated that he couldn't erase the scribble on the top corner of the board due to his shortness.

A small giggle escaped from my mouth when he did a tip toe to reach it but failed.

I decided to help and moved closer to snatching the rug from his hand. "Here, let me help you."

It was cute to see when his ears turned red because of my sudden closure. "A-aether, too c-c-close."

An idea popped inside my head to tease him, and it made me smirk. He flinched when I placed my hand on his side to pin him and leaned closer to his ear.