014

Aether

"Should we do it again, so you can remember?"

At first, my mood went down when he simply forgot our first kiss, but when he asked me to make him remember, my lips curled into a smile because it made me glad that he was curious about what happened yesterday. And now, it shouldn't be hard to grant his lovely wish.

My hand cupped his cheek, and our lips almost touched each other. It's cute how he didn't notice that his eyes kept staring at my lips, which is why I licked them to seduce him.

Xiao is not a man of words; he is a man of body language. I know that it's not just me who desires and longs for a kiss because, even though he doesn't have a memory of it, his body surely remembers it.

"Goodness." Why do we always get interrupted? Can't a guy get some alone time with his man?

We immediately created distance from each other when we saw Noelle and Chongyun. "It's not what you think."

Who are we kidding? It is actually useless to lie, but at least there's no harm in trying. I could feel the embarrassment sink in, and it made me blush.

Chongyun looked and smirked at Xiao, who tried to hide his tomato face with his hand. "Really? Did we come in at the wrong time?"

You did. Our second kiss would have happened there.

"No," Xiao answered.

"Are you sure we didn't interrupt you both with something?" Xiao raised his middle finger at him, and Chongyun laughed at him.

"I need water," he added.

"You want me to fetch you one, young master?" Noelle asked.

He immediately shook his head and went out of the room. I let out a sigh because he avoided the situation again.

"You two could've been more honest with me and told me you were busy because we could do this project some other time," Chongyun said, opening a popsicle pack.

"We weren't doing anything. He caught dust in his eyes, so I was just getting it off." I want to punch myself right now because that was such a lame excuse.

He raised his eyebrow and licked the popsicle. "It must be strange that the dust is in his mouth, not in his eyes."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine. You are too smart to believe in my excuses, but I assure you that we aren't fooling around and are serious with the literature project."

"More like you both are here to make a baby project," he teased. I lightly punched his shoulder and laughed.

"Shut up!" He chuckled and finished off eating his popsicle.

"By the way, we decided to choose this book. What do you think?" I asked.

He moved closer and sat beside me. "Yes, that should be good. You proved that you both are serious with this project."

"We are." We both turned our heads around when Xiao suddenly joined our conversation and sat beside Chongyun. I did have a small hope that he would sit beside me, though.

"What took you so long?" Chongyun asked.

"It's none of your business," he answered. He stole a glance from me and immediately turned away, blushing, which made me smile at how cute he was.

"Can the archons help me with this? I am stuck with these two lovebirds." Chongyun whispered underneath his breath, but his voice was clear enough for my ears to hear. Xiao didn't hear him because he paid more attention to his favorite plush toy that was placed on his lap.

"Dude, what are you five? What's with the toy?" Xiao glared at him and punched his shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?" Chongyun hissed.

"You deserved it for calling him a toy," Xiao answered, and it made me chuckle at how childish he is.

"But it was a toy!" Synchronize with me and let us say this together, 'Rest in Peace, Chongyun.' Xiao punched his shoulder again, and Chongyun whined in pain.

It's fun to watch them, but there are things that matter more than this, like our literature project. "Cut it out, you two, and can we please focus more on the task so we can finish it early?"

"Good point! We can also play Genshin Impact afterwards," Chongyun suggested.

"No, we can't," Xiao said.

"C'mon, dude. You will have wrinkles at such a young age if you don't enjoy yourself."

He only gave him a death glare as a response. "I think that means yes."

"Do you play games, Aether?" Chongyun asked.

"It depends on what game it is. Why do you ask?"

"Do you want to play Genshin Impact with me? Because Mr. Grumpy here doesn't want to play with me," Chongyun offered.

"I don't know how to play and don't even have an account."

"Dude, I can teach you and don't worry about the account. I had two accounts, so you can use one of mine."

I am not a fan of games, but that doesn't mean I don't play. Venti always forced me to play games with him, so I don't have a choice but to download the app. But this time, it's an act of choice because I want to play Genshin Impact together with Xiao.

"Alright." He immediately planted a happy look on his face and grinned at me.

Xiao suddenly coughed and had his arms crossed. "You both can play after we finish the project," he ordered, and we don't have a choice but to follow his orders because his tone is more scary than you think.

•••••

Author's Note:

Genshin Impact sounds familiar, right?