016

Xiao

A week had passed, and we got an A+ grade for presenting our literature project, but my mind can't seem to get over that night as if it happened yesterday.

First and foremost, the embarrassment is too much to handle because of what I said in the car.

• Flashback •

"What will you do if I answer yes?" I suddenly felt a heavy pressure coming from my chest as if there were a sharp knife and got angry.

"No, you should only hang out with me." Realization hit me like a bullet when words suddenly came out of my mouth without my control.

I tried to not blush from embarrassment and snap out of it. Fuck! Why did I say that? Has my mind gone completely nuts? Why does that sound so possessive? And why am I curious and asking him these lame questions?

He looked at me confused and asked, "Did you say something?"

"I said we're here."

• End of flashback •

God, this flashback has killed my soul. I was so thankful that he didn't hear what I said because I can't wait to bury my body in a dark and shady place where it belongs.

Second, my forehead can still feel his soft lips and how he pressed them gently. I know that it's his way of thanking me, but does it have to be a kiss on the forehead? Is that how friendship works? I don't do that to my friends.

I immediately fished down my phone from my bag and dialed Chongyun.

Chongyun
What's up?

Xiao
Where are you?

Chongyun
Are you that lonely that you need me to accompany you?

Xiao
Get lost.

Chongyun
I am with Xi, and we are at a cafe near the school. Why do you ask?

Xiao
Do friends give kisses on the forehead?

Chongyun
Gross, man. But if it's you, I think it's a chance since you—

I immediately hanged up on him because it made me puke to hear what he was going to say next, and he texted me "🖕"for that.

It's weird how my reaction is different towards Chongyun. Both of them are my friends. I don't feel bad when Aether does it; what makes it different?

How about we try another person? Thoma came across my mind, so I called him.

Thoma
Aww! Did you miss me already?

Xiao
No.

Thoma
So, what's with the call? We don't have a basketball practice today. If you want a karaoke night together because you got dumped, I am up for it.

I ended the call as soon as he said that because it was a mistake to call him. Let's try Kazuha because he is decent to talk with, unlike those two.

Kazuha
Greetings.

Xiao
Hey, are you busy?

Kazuha
No, why do you ask?

Xiao
I have a question.

Kazuha
What seems to be the problem?

Xiao
Do friends give kisses on the forehead?

He didn't respond and hung up on me. In the end, I didn't get an answer to my problem. I just want my life to be at ease because it has bothered me at school and at home. It made my dreams way worse.